I still break-out everytime

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Gary Max

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Max

I wish these where not such a good selling pen--about two years ago the dreaded Cocobolo rash kicked in. Every time I turn Coco I break out in a rash---good part---it's cold enough here that I can wear long sleeves and latex gloves. I am sold out of these.
Kit is a Jr Gent

20071011202027_coco2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

melogic

Awesome looking pens Gary. That is a shame that this beautiful woods makes you break out in a rash. Lacewood gives me a bad rash and makes my eyes swell everytime I turn it. So, I let Ginny turn it for me. [;)][:)][:D]

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Gary,

I get a severe "runny nose".

Like you, I turned it for a couple years, no problem, then, I became "allergic"!

I rarely turn it, but those pens make me want to do some (Nasty man, you!!)

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Originally posted by workinforwood
<br />They do look awesome. I haven't turned cocobolo, although I've used it in intarsia's. I never had a reaction, but I never had poison ivy before this year either.

I remember saying that!!!!

Somebody told me EVERYBODY will be allergic to it, its just a matter of time. I figured they were all wet.

Sniffle, sniffle!!![:0][:0]

neon007

Try putting baby powder on your arms before you start turning. The powder clogs up the pores so the coco doesn't get in. I don't know if it will work for the coco, but it works for me when I work with fiberglass. I never get a rash and I always get a rash from fiberglass. A professional in the car audio industry told me that trick. Hope this helps, and let me know if it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom