Honduran Rosewood Burl Majestic Rollerball

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wizard

wizard

Made it early this A.M. It's Honduran Rosewood "Swirly" Burl on a Rhodium Majestic Rollerball. Comments and critique welcome but most of all thanks for looking. Have a great day. Doc:)

Attachments

• Honduran Rosewood Burl Majestic Rollerball_2.jpg
    Honduran Rosewood Burl Majestic Rollerball_2.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 173
  • Honduran Rosewood Burl Majestic Rollerball_1.jpg
    Honduran Rosewood Burl Majestic Rollerball_1.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 127
  • Honduran Rosewood Burl Majestic Rollerball.jpg
    Honduran Rosewood Burl Majestic Rollerball.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 154
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wizard

Beautiful pen.

I also like your photography work. Can you share info on what you do to get the black background to work so well?

Rick,
I use a black cloth surface (velvet) to lay the pen on in a light box that is about 18" square. The texture of the cloth helps to minimize stray light and reflection. I use a lint remover rolled over the velvet immediately prior to shooting to remove as much as possible of the dust from the background. As far as equipment, I use a Nikon VR Macro 60mm lens with a Nikon D200 camera. The camera is mounted on a tripod with a remote shutter release to minimize vibration. The light source I use is diffused at 5000 degree Kelvin and at an intensity of 10,000 lux. The light is directed from the side and I shoot from above the light box down. I hope that helps. If you need more information, just ask or P.M. me. Regards, Doc

Top Bottom