Here's what I did a few week ago

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from pshib

pshib

All poly lay except the olivewood which was done by request and the black one witch is python...the dye started to bleed and now it's dark.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    298 KB · Views: 311
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

pshib

One slim line finished

Here's one slim line done.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 168

Cmiles1985

Very nice!
Are you forming the poly clay to the shape? Or do you make a rough shape to be finished by turning? My wife has gotten big into poly clay, so we do what we can to incorporate each other's hobbies.

pshib

Glad you like them

I started them about 6 months ago and finally got around to finishing them

pshib

I roll the clay out with a pasta roller

Or in the case of the quilt patterns I slice them thin and place them on the tubes and gently roll them until all pieces meet. Then I turn using 120 grit to get them down to size and to shape if needed. Then I work my way up the grits. Wet sand a little then CA finish.

Cmiles1985

Or in the case of the quilt patterns I slice them thin and place them on the tubes and gently roll them until all pieces meet. Then I turn using 120 grit to get them down to size and to shape if needed. Then I work my way up the grits. Wet sand a little then CA finish.

Thanks! Ther are very good looking tubes. We will likely be trying some out soon (after all, my wife has three sisters, and Christmas is approaching quickly).

pshib

The simple marbled blanks are the quickest. I don't think any one pen took more an hour or so to do.

pshib

Pens like these take a while

These take several hours for me. Forgot to mention the flame blank is made from a really cheap flame inlay kit....I used red clay for the back ground...could have used a little more sanding.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 115

pshib

I have a few more that I haven't gotten around to sanding and finishing yet. And even more idea I haven't had time to make real.

pshib

Thanks...my nephew has been hounding me for that one so I decided that it should be his Christmas present this year.

Top Bottom