Going for Gold !!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from skiprat

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
.....but I'd settle for a bronze too.:biggrin:

With the 2012 Games now over, my wonderful better half suggested that the torch design could make a neat pen.
The originals have around 5000 holes, mine only has 150. Turning the 'tri-lobe' ( if that's the correct term ) was fun:biggrin:
Who said metal lathes can only turn round stuff??:biggrin:
I'm proud of getting the cap and body holes aligned and I think I also managed to get them pretty centred on the tri-lobe shape too.

I was going to send this as one of my Pen World / BoIAP 2012 entries but it's a bit heavy and I think I can do better, although I do like it.
I also like the concave closed ends.
Hope you all like it too:biggrin:

C&C's welcome:wink:

Attachments

• G4G1.jpg
    G4G1.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 635
  • G4G2.jpg
    G4G2.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 465
  • G4G3.jpg
    G4G3.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 567
  • G4G4.jpg
    G4G4.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 469
Last edited:

alamocdc

Holy crap, Steven! Amazing! That's all I can say.

EDIT: Oops, didn't see Roy's post. Not trying to copy him. It was just the first thing that came to mind... well, the first thing I could actually post!

Last edited:

LouCee

Holy crap, Steven! Amazing! That's all I can say.

EDIT: Oops, didn't see Roy's post. Not trying to copy him. It was just the first thing that came to mind... well, the first thing I could actually post!

Actually that's the first thing that came to mind for me too.

That sure is a beauty Steven! Great to see you back too!

IPD_Mr

That has the same basic shape as the Omas 360. That could not have been easy in any way shape or form. Well done Steven. BTW, Lou said to tell you hello.

Jim Smith

Skip,

You are off-the-charts talented both in your beautiful and creative designs and your outstanding execution. Another super original and beautiful pen. Thanks for sharing.

Jim Smith

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Many thanks all, for the kind words!!:biggrin: They are very much appreciated:wink:

That has the same basic shape as the Omas 360. That could not have been easy in any way shape or form. Well done Steven. BTW, Lou said to tell you hello.

Mike, unlike the Omas, mine only has the tri-shape on half the cap, not the full length. The rest is just tapered round.
Glad you and Linda made the 600 odd mile return trip safely. When you next see Lou, please tell him I'm going to do my damndest to get to the next DC Show. :biggrin:

Better get that lathe checked. :tongue: Nice work!

Thanks Bruce. Ever since seeing your wonderful Flame pens, I've tried to get that shape. I never imagined it would happen automatically when the bearings collapsed:biggrin:

Curly

Well that's how you win a contest. Scare the competition off before they have a chance to enter with a pen like that. Awesome work to say the least

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner because I can't reach my desktop!

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
I gotta tell ya . . . It's good to have you back . . . You always challenge us by bringing the impossible into reality.

This pen has rendered me speechless.

Top Bottom