Fun with Clay!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Butterflygirl

Butterflygirl

206819_10150118979644051_717679050_6609678_5152888_n.jpg

This is one of the first polymer clay pens that I have done. Found some canes at Hobby Lobby. This one turned out pretty good for one of my first I think.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

immls

Hi - that is totally cool. I've searched for info on making them but not having much luck. Found some sites for the clay but.... stupid question ..what is a cane??
Thanks

Butterflygirl

It is clay that you can find on the baked clay isle of most craft stores. It already has the decorations in it. I cut it real thin with a razor blade put it on the tubes one peice at a time and then bake in oven according to the directions on package.Was very fun and pretty easy also did a couple coats of thin CA and med. then finished carefully with micro mesh.

navycop

It.Was very fun and pretty easy also did a couple coats of thin CA and med. then finished carefully with micro mesh.
Curious on learning more. Did you turn it on the lathe also? Or just make it to the correct dimensions before baking it? Did you go through all 9 grits of the MM? Also did you CA it inbetween sanding or just the top layer?
Thanks.

Top Bottom