Flock of Sierra's

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JohnU

JohnU

Got a little time in the shop today and managed to fill a couple orders. All are self casted Sierra pheasant feather blanks in PR. All comments welcome.

Attachments

• group of feather sierras b.jpg
    group of feather sierras b.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 327
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Nice work John, you must have got those the same place I got mine:biggrin:

Personal choice, but I think the feathers look better going the other way.:biggrin: But that's just me:wink:

JohnU

Thanks for all the comments. It felt good actually getting something done for once!

B-E-A-Utiful! Nice stuff.. Do you by chance sell those blanks?
I do sell them in the "Individual Classified" forum when I have a large group done. Anyone can PM if when your looking for a couple I usually have a few sitting in a box.

Nice work John, you must have got those the same place I got mine:biggrin:

Personal choice, but I think the feathers look better going the other way.:biggrin: But that's just me:wink:
Skiprat, I agree with you. I think I like the feathers going the other way too. I had a couple guys comment on my first few, when I had the feathers pointing upwards and they thought I made them upside down, so I tried it this way. Thinking I'll show blanks and assemble for them at their directional preference. I dont know???

nava1uni

Those are beautiful. I really like your blanks. I have turned one of those I got from you and it made quite a beautiful pen. The comment about pet birds made me think about asking you if you do other feathers and how many does it take. My birds are still living, but they do molt and they have yellow, green, white, grey, blue and tiny orange feathers from their cheeks.

JohnU

Those are beautiful. I really like your blanks. I have turned one of those I got from you and it made quite a beautiful pen. The comment about pet birds made me think about asking you if you do other feathers and how many does it take. My birds are still living, but they do molt and they have yellow, green, white, grey, blue and tiny orange feathers from their cheeks.

I had a guy at work ask me the same thing tonight. Im guessing anywhere from 12 to 18 feathers depending on their size, possibly more. (hoping I wouldnt screw it up).

Top Bottom