The Flock

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from IPD_Mr

IPD_Mr

OK I know I will catch a bit of grief as these are not pens that we made, but they are pens and we are showing them off. :biggrin:

Linda and I have a penchant for Pelikans. and the last few days have brought a few new ones to our flock as well as a Parker. Pen shows are breeding grounds for enablers!

From top to bottom:
A pre 1950s Pelikan 140 green striated with medium 14k nib
The brand new Pelikan Green O Green special addition with a fine 14k nib
1934 Parker Vaccumatic Blue with an extra fine 14k nib
Pelikan M800 blue striated with a fine 18k nib.

flock.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Very nice!! I just picked up the Green o Green and the Blue o Blue pelikans. But I got the steel nib.

el_d

Nice collection there Mike. The Parker looks interesting......

The title made me start screaming "So sayeth the shepard"......

I saw Porkys a last weekend......

Wood Butcher

Local Chapter Leader
Beautiful. It's interesting to study these and see the connections to the pen kits we are using. There are a number of design elements that you can identify in the Designer pens and others but we can't seem to match the elegance of the whole pen. Conrgats on the acquistion.
WB

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Nice collection there Mike. The Parker looks interesting......

The title made me start screaming "So sayeth the shepard"......

I saw Porkys a last weekend......

That brings back memories!! So sayeth the flock!!!!!!!

IPD_Mr

Very cool. Mike, didn't you make a blank like the Parker a few years back?

Hans - The Parker is celluloid. It can be made by gluing up sheets of celluloid, but that is VERY expensive to do. I have looked into true celluloid blanks and unless I can justify 5k in one color it is stupid crazy price wise. The idea has been visited many times by vintage restorers and they have found that it is not feasible.

This post was not done to brag by any means. Bill hit the nail on the head about how the design and shapes are similar to what the kits are. There are some major differences and the artisans such as Justin are doing a wonderful job bridging that gap. Hopefully the photos will give people some ideas and they will venture out and create their own designs.

IPD_Mr

That parker is spectacular! absolutely beautiful instrument right there!

--Dave

Yeah well that is part of the problem. We bought it to sell. We got a great deal on it, but Richard Binder touched up the nib on it and now it writes so well we didn't want to give it up. :redface:

joefyffe

Passed Away Aug 19, 2018
In Memoriam
BTW, it has been custom to show photos of our pens un-capped as well. :biggrin:

Chuck, I think you are going to have to up the ante a bit. They were over this eve for dinner and mike was carrying them in a nice genuine leather portfolio. Nothing being hidden by the caps either, AND you should see them write!!! WOW!:highfive:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
BTW, it has been custom to show photos of our pens un-capped as well. :biggrin:

Chuck, I think you are going to have to up the ante a bit. They were over this eve for dinner and mike was carrying them in a nice genuine leather portfolio. Nothing being hidden by the caps either, AND you should see them write!!! WOW!:highfive:
I think....they should send them to me for a close up examination. Then, pick them up when they come to visit.:biggrin::tongue:

Last edited:

joefyffe

Passed Away Aug 19, 2018
In Memoriam
AND! YOU DID AN EXCEPTIONAL JOB ON THE PHOTOGRAPH!!! PORTRAYS, ALMOST, EXACTLY WHAT I SAW LAST NIGHT IN REAL LIFE! Thanks again for tuning my nib. You were tack on when you said smooth. Now, I just gotta learn how to write with a f/p.:bananen_smilies046:

IPD_Mr

AND! YOU DID AN EXCEPTIONAL JOB ON THE PHOTOGRAPH!!! PORTRAYS, ALMOST, EXACTLY WHAT I SAW LAST NIGHT IN REAL LIFE!

I sure hope that is an honest statement and not some fluff because of your 21st birthday post. :biggrin: If it is, then that really means a lot. Of course photographing a non-moving pen, beats the heck out of wedding photography! :eek:

joefyffe

Passed Away Aug 19, 2018
In Memoriam

BradG

..... oh i would like that one in my collection.... dare i ask its value?

joefyffe

Passed Away Aug 19, 2018
In Memoriam
AND! YOU DID AN EXCEPTIONAL JOB ON THE PHOTOGRAPH!!! PORTRAYS, ALMOST, EXACTLY WHAT I SAW LAST NIGHT IN REAL LIFE!

I sure hope that is an honest statement and not some fluff because of your 21st birthday post. :biggrin: If it is, then that really means a lot. Of course photographing a non-moving pen, beats the heck out of wedding photography! :eek:

'Tis true! It's o.k. to touch the pen! The Bride? HUNH UH! PS You know me well enough to know I don't even "fluff" the blankets!:biggrin:

Last edited:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
You did good kids! Wanna make a trade?:biggrin:

Gee Chuck, how about all four pens for your location. :tongue::clown::tongue:
How about all four pens for an all expenses paid week end stay at MY house?:tongue::clown::beer::biggrin:

Chuck, he said he might consider if he got to bring FIL along!
Well.....yeh-eh:island::bananen_smilies046: Should be a good time!:biggrin:

joefyffe

Passed Away Aug 19, 2018
In Memoriam
You did good kids! Wanna make a trade?:biggrin:

Gee Chuck, how about all four pens for your location. :tongue::clown::tongue:
How about all four pens for an all expenses paid week end stay at MY house?:tongue::clown::beer::biggrin:

Chuck, he said he might consider if he got to bring FIL along!
Well.....yeh-eh:island::bananen_smilies046: Should be a good time!:biggrin:
Heh, Heh,, Even if he had said that, getting all of us with that much time available at the same time would be like trying to get flatulence to hold still in a wind storm!!

IPD_Mr

..... oh i would like that one in my collection.... dare i ask its value?

Brad,
The original post is a typo and by the time I saw it, I could not edit the post. It is a 1944 third quarter Azure Blue Jr. The nib is 14k and has been smoothed by Richard Binder at the Ohio pen show. I have been using it for the last two weeks and it is an exceptional writer. If you are serious about wanting this, send me a PM and we can talk.

Last edited:
Top Bottom