Flight Of Fancy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from PenPal

PenPal

Waiting for my wife out shopping I wandered into Cash Converters and bought three Darts off the shelf. I figured they had promise to use in a modified Slimline pen.
Together with two other darts this is the result.

The first dart has a different flight to represent where it was made.

So unlimited is the Slimline I will continue with them after fifteen years there are more innovations to come.

Hope you like it Peter.

Attachments

• DSCF0003.JPG
    DSCF0003.JPG
    87.8 KB · Views: 277
  • DSCF0010.JPG
    DSCF0010.JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 326
  • DSCF0014.JPG
    DSCF0014.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 251
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

workinforwood

It's pretty cool. I have a different idea for you. use the double transmission that switches from pen to pencil out the same nib. Have one side the pen, and the other side the actual dart point. Perhaps put the feather part back on the top instead of the clip so you can launch your pen. Probably be a big hit at the Lodge. Play darts and keep score with your darts.

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Very good looking pen! So, are they a bit on the heavy side? Or does the balance make up for the extra weight?

PenPal

Cathy Sue

My normal Slimline Woodpens weigh on average around 25 grams, this pen is 37 grams and my mate made me a Sierra and it weighs 48 grams.

So my conclusion is no where near as heavy as a Sierra and a comfortable weight as compared to a normal Slimline in timber.

My guess is I have never seen true weights published by forum members when they submit pens suffice to say this exercise of mine means the metal is made hollow in the process.

Personally I have a strong feeling that the heavier upmarket kits are quite strongly made up of heavy bling. Slimlines rule for me.

Peter.

Top Bottom