Fishing Rod Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from johncrane

Status
Not open for further replies.

johncrane

l had at bit of bad luck recent while on a 8 day fishing trip with
my dad on the murry river.My Penn Fishing Rod snapped off halfway between the grip and the second eye' while fighting a good size cod.l was really mad and kicking my self and thinking why the hell did l lock up the drag'that's a big no'no' l nearly thru the rest of the rod in the river.My

20071341953_100_1855.jpg

20071342115_100_1851.jpg

Dad stopped me!anyway on the way home l was thinking l could make a pen with whats left and this is it l will carry this pen every time l go fishing to remind me off that day.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

LanceD

John, that's a neat idea on the penn pen. Now you can think about replaceing that old Penn rod with a "Swampland "rod from the swamps of Louisiana [:D][}:)].

John,
Now that you have a spare handle, you can take it apart and turn a nice wood handle for a new rod blank..

Check this guys site.... he does some great things for fishing rods.

http://classiccustomwood.com/build_your_own.htm

gerryr

Nice job John. That's probably the best use I can think of for a Penn rod. Good work. If you want a new rod, I know three excellent rod builders in Australia. Send me an email and I can give their names and email addresses.

BigRob777

Now that's my kinda pen. I love penn reels and their rods too. I've never snapped one, but it makes a great story. I did have a shark bite off the body of a 45" ± grouper once.
Rob

GBusardo

John, Don't know how I missed this post. I love the idea and you made it work! I had a Fenwick rod break on me once. Too bad I still dont have the blank or I could have stolen your idea! [}:)] Super job by way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom