First lamination

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from esheffield

Status
Not open for further replies.

esheffield

This pen is more of a test than anything else. Actually made it about a month or so ago, about a week before I found the lamination tutorial here. It was kind of a "quick and dirty" thing - some random wood (padauk?) from a grab bag, sliced up some other random wood for the lamination using the vacuum fence I built. I was trying the fence out as much as anything. I'll post a pic of it if I can remember. Not my best turning, but I'm generally happy with the lamination - basically proved I could do it which was all I was after. Also first pics with my homemade light box - I still need to work on the technique there too (color balance especially seems off - background should be more white), but I think I proved it too will work out OK with practice.

The pen itself is a slimline with Enduro finish. It looks shinier in person than in the pic. Feel free to critique (pen and/or photo) - I know they're not great, but I can always use constructive criticism. ;)

200641932913_Laminated_1.jpg

alamocdc

Eddie, I really like that! Your lamination lines are nice and symmetrical (I'm still trying to get that good with mine!). That has to be the lightest Padauk I've ever seen. Great job! I can't wait to see more. [^]

esheffield

Thanks Billy! That may very well not be padauk. I'm terrible at ID-ing wood, as it was just something from a grab bag I picked up at Woodcraft and it didn't tell what was in it. So if you or anyone else has an idea of what it may be, please let me know since I have more and it kinda drives me nuts not knowing what it is! [;)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom