First Closed end pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from trsmth

trsmth

Hello all. This is my first closed end pen. It is a rhodium Jr Gent rollerball. I misjudged the depth of the hole in the blank and had to shorten the refill by 1/8" and leave out the spring, so this one will be for the wife. It is done in cotton candy acrylester from woodturningz using a modified transfer punch. Any and all comments and suggestions are welcome.

20084393011_08021_CtnCndy_RH_JrGent_RB_Open.jpg

20084393049_08021_CtnCndy_RH_JrGent_RB_Clsd.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

karlkuehn

Banned
Looks like you recovered well from an almost big oops!

I like the shape of the closed end, but I think I'd like to see a little more of continuation of that nice figure mirrored in the cap end as well. That's just me, though...and I'm not sure how you'd make the transition from the flat center band to that figure, either. Maybe a little smaller swell on the nib side of the closed end then a bit of swell on the cap end. I dunno, that might make it look clunky. I'll have to play with something like that someday. :)

The pen is really nice, and I don't think they come any pinker! hehe

It's very nice, I like the shape! IMHO, I would disassemble it, trim the bottom off, re-turn it and make it a regular post end, sell it and make three more closed ends from the profit. You can make her another, but why modify all future refills?

wickford

Very nice!!

Was wondering if you were ever going to post pics of that one!

I wish I would have paid a little closer attention when I was at your place when you showed me how you made your "mandrel"...I need to try one of these!

Jeff

Ligget

Great save Tom, I think both the cap and the lower barrel should have a similar profile to each other.:) Great blank and lovely clear pictures though![:p]

Top Bottom