First Acrylic

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from crabcreekind

crabcreekind

This is my first acrylic pen. Thanks to AlphaGeek for the blank. Like all acrylic rookies i forgot to paint the tubes =(. But it still turned out great. The clip didnt bend around the bulge so that made me mad :mad-tongue: So i try to fix it, but couldnt. and their is a small crack at the top. but i fixed it with thin ca. Turned it all with a skew. but i think my madrel is bent or my tool was not sharp enough even though i sharpened it really really good. It took me forever to turn cuz it was not turning with ribbons. I wet mm to 12000 grit. and polished with hut plastic polish. Thanks again to Alphageek for the blank. Any tips and comments are helpful.

Attachments

• 100_5359.jpg
    100_5359.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 154
  • 100_5360.jpg
    100_5360.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 134
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alphageek

Former Moderator
Very nice!!! LOL... I'm glad you liked it..

I don't remember what I dropped in that box, but I also didn't know you hadn't done any acrylics. As for painting the blank here is a little bit of irony... In the pens I just posted I raved about painting..... But with this color (and many others) - I don't paint at all, especially on slimlines like this. From woodcraft I found you can get chrome plated and white painted tubes. Normally between those and the normal brass, I don't paint too often.

But with more transparent blanks, paint away!

Top Bottom