Eagle-eyezed "Recovery"

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ed4copies

Status
Not open for further replies.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Weeks ago, Eagle sent this blank, along with the rosewood cross that you all saw. That was during "show time" and so this blank was left untouched. Then, just after the shows were over and it was clear I would get all my orders completed, I decided to make a pen out of the blank. Tired, I did serious calculations to make sure I would drill it correctly, then proceeded to drill. WRONG SIZE BIT!!! (oversized, of course).

So, this is called "recovery" because I fitted a dowel to the hole and glued it (white glue) and put it aside for about a week. Then, came back and redrilled with a quarter inch pilot hole, enlarged to 25/64 and, voila!!

Straight-on view:

20061227162958_DSC01326net.jpg

However, from the side, the cross appears:
20061227163057_DSC01328net.jpg

And, in the right light, you can see the maple is really curly!!
20061227163225_DSC01329%20net.jpg

Once again, my apologies to Eagle. This should have been completed over a month ago. BUT, it did turn out well!!! And, in MY favorite pen style - the reliable cigar.

Comments and critiques are welcome. Skye, there are NO sanding lines, and you can see the bevel treatment at the top of the lower barrel to make the transition smooth to the "rounded" transmission-holder doohickey!:D:D

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Originally posted by hdbblue
<br />Good save Ed, nice looking fit and finish and I really like the presentation and your photography.

Harvey

MY NEW BEST FRIEND- HE LIKES MY PHOTOGRAPHY!!!!!!!

Thanks, Harvey. I am known for taking lousy pictures, so I really appreciate YOUR astute observation.[:)][:)][:)][:)]

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
I told you it was curly maple.
I use a lot of maple but I save the special ones.
I had almost forgotten that blank.
When you suggested that combination I had a Dr. Phil Moment, "What were you thinking?"
Evidently you knew best, That looks great!
Lynn thinks so too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom