Down Under sierras and others

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from its_virgil

Status
Not open for further replies.

its_virgil

Thanks to my friend Serge form Oz, I have turned a set of Aussie Sierras for a customer. All woods are Australian "timbers" as they call them down under. Thanks Serge! Enjoy. Comments welcome. I haven't posted any pics for awhile but thought I'd share what I've been up to.

2005122320272_Aussie%20Sierras.jpg

From L to R: Red Mallee Burl, Australian Olive Wood, Mulga, Lacey Sheoak, York Gum, Gray Ironbark burl, Raspberry Jam, and Spalted Mango

20051223203450_Spanish%20oak%20burl.jpg

Havana Rollerball made from Spalted Spanish Oak burl given to me by Coach. Thenks Travis, it made a gorgeous pen.

20051223203657_4%20emperiors.jpg

From L to R: Black dyed BEB purchased from BB, Cocobolo from Bill Jacob **thanks Bill**, 45 deg. X cut afzilia (freebie from BB) thanks Bill, and Axis deer antler **thanks Bambi**

20051223204319_two%20gents.jpg

On the left is York gum burl purchased from "The Burl source" and on the right a freebie 45 deg X cut desert ironwood from BB..thanks again Bill.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenWorks

Nice timbers mate, must say, you have been busy.
I like that sheoak, has a nice color to it.
The BRB Emperor is fine.

Merry Christmas

its_virgil

The Australian sierras were all sold, but I have a few others I'll bring.
don
Originally posted by Deere41h
<br /><u>Wow</u> you have been busy!!! Can you bring some of them along for show and tell next week? Would love to see some!

Randy_

I like the spalted Mango, Don!! Reminds me of an antler pen that I have. Have to look through my goodie box and see if there is another nice piece of antler. Think that would make a nice combo for the last Sierra kit that I have in-house!!

Tubby

Don,

Wow!! Beautiful work as always. That Spanish Oak was awesome. I thought I was smelling smoke from your end of town [:D]

Merry Christmas Don!!

Tubby
Ed Jordan

its_virgil

Thanks to all. I like the spanish oak and the desert ironwood, but a couple of the aussie sierras are nice...the raspberry jam and red mallee burl...well, I'm just a fan of any nice piece of wood...Thanks to all for looking and commenting.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

its_virgil

Lucky me! I have been off work all week, since last Friday. Shopp a little, turn a little, shop some more and turn some more. It has been nice and fun. Thanks for looking and the comments.

Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by airrat
<br />Did you get any shopping done. Thats alot of pens. They all look great

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom