Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from skiprat

Status
Not open for further replies.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
I posted a teaser with the bits I made it from in 'Penturning'

Black DAPR with tungsten clip with stainless hardware from old bolts.
Comment, critisism welcome:D

200791518164_closed.jpg

2007915181624_open.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Originally posted by ashaw
<br />Steven

Great job. I like the look. So were did you great the clip from.

Alan

Alan, the clip is from the welding rod. But the design of the clip is based on those that Bruce Boone has made on his unbelievable titanium pens. I just bent it up and drilled two small holes at an angle in the cap.

OKLAHOMAN

<s>Steven</s>, Mr. Jackson you just moved up one more notch and I didn't think there was any topping the last one. I guess I'll always be a newbee even after 5-6 hundred pens compared to you.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Originally posted by OKLAHOMAN
<br /><s>Steven</s>, Mr. Jackson you just moved up one more notch and I didn't think there was any topping the last one. I guess I'll always be a newbee even after 5-6 hundred pens compared to you.

Thanks Roy, but less than a year ago, I knew very little about penmaking. It was from the likes of you and other on this site that inspired me. I also don't sell pens so it doesn't matter how long it takes me to make one. But this one was pretty quick, around 4hrs. I spent at least 2 of those trying to get the $%*&% clip right. I still think it ( the clip )looks a little wide though.

fuzzydog

Steven, your right the clip is to wide. Best thing to do is just box that pen up and send it my way. [}:)] I'll let you know if and when I have it just right.[}:)][B)]

Kidding aside. You have created a beautiful pen and I agree that the people in this forum are inspiratial.

PR_Princess

Steven, ditto on that! You certainly did the PR proud. Glad that I could contribute to your imagination and talent - even if in just a very, very, - very small way. [:p][8D][8D]

And I think that the clip is just fine!

DKF

very nice....how difficult is it to turn the stainless steel?....seems to me it might be hard on the tools. (If indeed it was turned on the lathe). Very nice looking pen!

Pompeyite

I was lucky enough and very priveledged to see this pen and to hold it in my hot little hands at our first uk meeting this weekend. I can assure you all that it is a true work of art, it is stunning to think that Steven can produce such wonderful work with so few tools. His hand tool work is second to none believe me.
Well done Steven.[8D]I wish You could have all seen Stevens portfolio of pens, they are awsome.

TAFFJ

I certainly agree with Pompeyite's post and also having held this pen. This pen is stunning considering the materials. He should post a few more of his turned pens with a description of materials used. You would be amazed!!!
Brilliant!!

drayman

i agree with all the others. stevens work puts us all in the shade. well done mate. regards colin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom