Custom Cumberland Ebonite

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from drgoretex

drgoretex

Hi folks. Been a long time since I posted pics of a pen here, but my life has been pretty crazy this year, and not much free time for posting (even for pen making, really :frown: ).

I any case, a while back, I got an order for a custom Cumberland Ebonite pen with a fine steel nib. Been working on this over the past couple weeks when time permitted (which was not often):

IMG_6824.jpg

IMG_6822.jpg

IMG_6825.jpg

IMG_6826.jpg

IMG_6820.jpg

It's a good size pen, at 154mm capped, and 140mm uncapped. Smoothed the nib a bit, and have had a bit of fun 'test driving' it for its new owner.

Thanks for looking.

Ken

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Curly

Your artistic skill shows up yet again. great work. Very hard to find the seam between the finial holding the clip and the cap. The matching of the pattern is flawless. :worship:

chriselle

Whoa...damned nice pen. The grain matching is perfect and is something I struggle with as well. Wonderful photography, too. I'm getting a supply of cumberland in a few weeks...can't wait.

edit...Ken, maybe you could chime in on the finial matching thread in the Advanced section. Justin posted and I'm interested to see if your approach is the same.

Last edited:

watch_art

Whoa Ken! That's freakin gorgeous. Awesome work and looks like a nice pen to hold and use. Still cherishing my bamboo pen. :D

drgoretex

Thanks for the kind comments! I really enjoyed working on this one!

Whoa...damned nice pen. The grain matching is perfect and is something I struggle with as well. Wonderful photography, too. I'm getting a supply of cumberland in a few weeks...can't wait.

edit...Ken, maybe you could chime in on the finial matching thread in the Advanced section. Justin posted and I'm interested to see if your approach is the same.

Will do.

Ken

wizard

Ken, That is a striking, elegant and absolutely
gorgeous pen in my favorite material. I would live to take it for a test drive and keep going:biggrin:
Looks perfect on the front page!!!! :biggrin: Congratulations!!!! Doc:)

drgoretex

Wow! Thanks very much!

What an awesome surprise to log on today and find my pen staring at me - thanks Jeff!

Ken

seamus7227

that is some incredible work! your seams are flawless and the matching of the grain is spot on! Congrats on the front page, very well deserved!

Top Bottom