cumberland sierra

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from its_virgil

its_virgil

I found this piece of cumberland (ebonite) and it was just enough to make a sierra. I thought I had used all I had. Please excuse the dust. I wipped it off...really I did. I hate dust! :D
Comments welcome.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

20082294147_cumberland%20sierra.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dan_F

Another one of those cocobolites! I had never seen that before until that other one showed up a few days ago. Very nice work.

Dan

Radman

You know Don... I've made the very same pen with the very same material and about everybody that has seen it asked me what kind of wood that is....
[8D]

its_virgil

Thanks for all of the comments. I appreciate the feedback.

This pen is sanded to 1000, then MM to 12000, buffed with white diamond and HUT UltraGloss Plastic Polish. Then I used a product that I started using a few months back(off and on) and now I use it on most all pens. Now I suppose you want to know what that product is. Well, OK. It is Flitz Metal Polish Fiberglass Paint and Plastic Restorer.
http://www.flitz.com/index.html I really like how well it performs. I've been using a cream scratch and swirl remover, but Flitz has taken its place.

I've put a CA finish on these pens before, but not on this one. I don't remember if the pen Glenn mentioned has a CA finish or not. I have a couple in my case that do not have a CA finish and they still look like they did when I made them.

Thanks again for looking and commenting.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Top Bottom