Corn Cob Cigar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JeremyJ

JeremyJ

I live in a farming community so corn cobs seems to be becoming my staple pen. I have never turned a stabilized cob, I always start with a standard field corn cob. I drill the hole with my drill press turned off and just turn by hand. Turn with a very sharp skew, dye with fabric dye and finish with CA. It seems that the cobs that are a deep red when I start have the best pattern. Any comments are greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• wine cob.JPG
    wine cob.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 251
  • wine cob 2.JPG
    wine cob 2.JPG
    93.1 KB · Views: 219
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rjwolfe3

That is very nice!

I have some that I have been debating on drilling and then casting in pr to make it easier to turn but maybe I will try it without first.

fiferb

Beautiful work. I've never used a stabilized cob either. I'm not in the farm belt so I go to Wal-mart and get the corn on the cob for feeding squirrels.

GaryMGg

Fantastic looking pen. I like corn cobs and pine cones but haven't turned either yet.
I've got some great cones on the property; I should probably just soak one good and do it.

JohnU

Looks great! I judged picked up a bag full after watching the neighbor harvest the field. If only it were that easy to get all my blanks. Lol. I sand most of mine to shape after turning them down to the hard center. No blowouts that way.

Top Bottom