Cool Cat

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wizard

wizard

Made it this A.M. It's a complimentary blank from Dawn and Ed at Exotic Blanks. This pen is for my wife who loves cats...any kind of cat.. little or big.
It's a Leopard blank (I think?) and on a Sedona. Anyway, comments welcome but most of all thanks for looking! Doc:)

Attachments

• Leopard on Sedona_2.jpg
    Leopard on Sedona_2.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 156
  • Leopard on Sedona_1.jpg
    Leopard on Sedona_1.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 163
  • Leopard on Sedona.jpg
    Leopard on Sedona.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 160
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Another winner Doc!!

Looks like a great blank and matched well to the kit!
I am sure your wife will love it!

My wife only likes the slimline pens...
Anything heavy or thicker and she will not use it!
So i am very limited in what i can do fer her with regards to pens!

Andrew

ctubbs

Dang it Doc, you did it again. Marvelous pen with fantastic blanks. Big question, is it great blanks from Dawn and Ed or your skill that makes your pens so outstanding?
Your wife is one lucky lady to have such a beautiful pen!
Charles

wizard

Dang it Doc, you did it again. Marvelous pen with fantastic blanks. Big question, is it great blanks from Dawn and Ed or your skill that makes your pens so outstanding?
Your wife is one lucky lady to have such a beautiful pen!
Charles

Charles,
First, thank you for the most kind comments. By the way, my wife did like it...:). Charles, with regard to most blanks, I feel that it is about equal between the beauty of the blank and the skill of the turner. However, when it comes to the Magical Series of Dawn's Handmade resins, I lean towards Dawn doing most of the art with me more or less finding a frame or kit to put it on. It's probably because I just can't get over how she comes up with the right mixture of PR that makes the blanks and the pens so beautiful and mesmerizing! Anyway, that's my two cents worth.
Best Regards,
Doc

Jgrden

So what does a cat have to do with this blank?.

I am sorry for being so direct but I am still mad at the "Rant" site and the insurance industries.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
John, The blanks emulate the look of a "cat" coat. This one is Leopard. We also have snow leopard, cheetah and ocelot.

Then, a little more fanciful, the "wild cats" display a very similar pattern in colors that are not found in nature. Copper, Pink and silver.

Doc's choice of "hardware" really "frames" this pattern nicely, as he mentioned.

Our most popular "cat" is the zebra pattern---which we introduced as "cat chow".

Once again Doc, thank you for the great presentation of our "unusual" blanks!!!

Ed & Dawn

Top Bottom