Commission

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jim in Oakville

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is it that when I get a commission to make a pen that it’s always so nerve wracking!![}:)]

Well I made a Lotus in the Berea black acrylic, a great material in my mind for a pen that stands out.
IMG_9263.jpg

I know a lot of people don’t like the hardware dependence of this kit, but some people just love it.

IMG_9264.jpg

It’s a long heavy pen…….here’s hoping it fits the hand that pays![:p]

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RONB

Passed Away Jan 17, 2011
In Memoriam
That is a beautiful pen.
I know what you are talking about nervous. I just got my FIRST commission for 10 pens made with Wenge.

leehljp

Member Liaison
Beautiful Pen! I know the feeling. When I make something that someone requests, I get all tense. That is why I don't want to "work" at making pens and flat work.

broitblat

Beautiful pen!

I really like the looks of the pure black and the way it contrasts with the gold and silver colors (but it sure shows sanding marks if you're not very careful -- and you were obviously very careful :)

-Barry

ahoiberg

you've given the phrase 'black beauty' a different meaning. i love working with the berea black, it's a fun one.

Thanks all,

I appreciate the kind words and thoughts....I see the client today, here's hoping the first words are just sounds!!

[:)]

As always, I know no one else can appreciate what it feels like to be a pen turner other than my friends here at IAP...[:)] We all share this passion and obsession...thank God You all understand me..no one else does!

gwilki

Jim

So, what did the client say? If it was anything other than, "great, do 3 more", there is something wrong with the guy. [:)]

Grant
Ottawa

Originally posted by gwilki
<br />Jim

So, what did the client say? If it was anything other than, "great, do 3 more", there is something wrong with the guy. [:)]

Grant
Ottawa

Hi Grant,

I was just as I had hoped....it's a true pleasure to see the eyes light up and hear the sounds a happy customer makes..[:)]

Originally posted by Rifleman1776
<br />It is elegant. As you said, the style isn't to everyone's taste. That includes me. But, on TPS, I have a thread going about taste. Some like certain things, others don't. That's folks.

You have that right Frank, there are some pens and materials that don't appeal to me at all, I respect the skill it takes to make them, but I don't find them of interest at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom