Collaborative

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from VisExp

VisExp

A while back Dawn (Pr_Princess) and I collaborated on a pen in a competition held at Eagle's Woodworking. I got the idea driving to work early one morning. I was thinking about one of my segmented designs and imagined it as a lattice with flowers growing and climbing up the lattice.

I put part of my Sine Wave design in a piece of Alternate Ivory from Exotic Blanks. I only inlaid one side of the blank to allow Dawn more room for her work. Then I drilled, tubed and turned the blanks and mailed them to Dawn.

Yesterday I received an order from Exotic Blanks and it also had the finished pen. Wow!!!! Wow!!!! When I sent the blanks to Dawn they were just pieces of alt. ivory with some squiggly aluminum bits in them. What she sent me back was a work of art!!!

The pen is gorgeous Dawn, you have an incredible talent. The detail in the blue roses is amazing. Thanks so much.

The pen is a full size Gent with a Heritage Nib.

1_ACT_787104.jpg

1_ACT_786801.jpg

1_ACT_787003.jpg

kruzzer

absolutely amazing pen... The flowers are beautiful Dawn (how the (*#^% does she do that)... and Keith the subtle lattice work finishes that pen... praises to both of you..

izaks

WOW! wonderful collaboration. This is one place where 1 + 1 = 3.
segment work and painting is amazing.

Top Bottom