Cigars

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from kkwall

Status
Not open for further replies.

kkwall

Well I have been away from posting for sometime. Have been busy making pens, but not finding much time to post them on the forum.

Also, I have been perfecting my photo skills.

That said, they are far from perfect yet, and still need work, but I am moving in the right direction.

Below are my latest cigars, 2 Burr Elm and 1 Poplar Burr. All have CA/BLO finish.

Any comments welcome.

200791111743_THREE%20CIGARS3%2011,09,07.jpg

20079111188_C0024%20BURR%20ELM%20CIGAR%202.jpg

200791111822_C0025%20POPLAR%20BURR.jpg

200791111837_C0026%20BURR%20ELM%20CIGAR.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rifleman1776

First, that red background has to go. Very overwhelming and changes the color balance for the subjects. They look great but I'm wondering if folks find that bulge near the nib to be comfortable. The Cigar is a big pen to start with.

kkwall

Hi Ian,

Thanks, and the inclusions are filled with sawdust and CA. Will bring one along to the meet. Cant wait.

Frank, I agree with the background colour. Need to go for a light colour. As for the shape, I like this kit better with a bit of shape than when it is straight. I have seen some done with a straight cut, and to me they just dont look right. This is a big kit, but lets not pretend that it's anything else. Perhaps it's down to personal taste![;)]

Jamie

Your pens look great but I bet they would look even better with a medium gray or some other mid-range background... but after all, it's the pen, not the photo that counts.

kkwall

Cheers everyone.

In hindsight I think the photo's are terrible! I need to improve on them, and should'nt have posted these ones![B)][:I]

I am going to play around with the camera and light box to get a background I am happy with. [:)]

Thanks again everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom