Carbon Fiber Elgin

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from socdad

socdad

I've been up to my elbows with other projects and just started back into casting watch parts again. This is the first that I've finished ... Thanks for looking & as always comments &/or criticisms welcome.

image.jpg
(click for a larger view)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

Very. very nice Jeff, and here's why I think so.

While I appreciate the workmanship, and I am incapable of making a watch-part pen (I have observed another member make a beautiful one and was twitching just "watching" him/her pick-up all of the parts with tweezers), here's is why I like this one:

It is not overloaded with parts
The carbon fiber adds interest, but doesn't detract from the overall composition of the parts
I like hands on the faces an like the two proportionate faces.

Just my opinion...but I am not WP guy. I wouldn't mind make and using one like that though.

KCW

That looks great, I just can't get carbon fiber to work for me. I don't have any problems with any other tube in casting, until I get to carbon fiber. I just can't seem to keep the stuff from separating from the PR.

socdad

Thanks for the kind comments.
Tony ... watch parts blanks aren't frustrating, teaching elementary school for 35 years was occasionally frustrating.
Dan ... I have had the same problem but I found that using ca, in the place of epoxy, to attach the cf to the tube has solved that particular gremlin.

KCW

Thanks for the kind comments.
Tony ... watch parts blanks aren't frustrating, teaching elementary school for 35 years was occasionally frustrating.
Dan ... I have had the same problem but I found that using ca, in the place of epoxy, to attach the cf to the tube has solved that particular gremlin.

I will have to keep trying, because that pen looks awesome!

Top Bottom