Cancer Awareness Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Lenny

Lenny

Sorry for the lousy photo .... but it's not about the pens, it's about the story...

As many of you know, my daughter Jessica was diagnosed with a stage 4 Glioma (tumor) on her brain stem last January. After several trips to Dana Farber, including a needle biopsy to confirm and better diagnose her treatment, she was given 2 to 3 years to live.
She was then refered to MaineGeneral's Harold Alfond Center For Cancer Care to undergo radiation and chemo theraphy under the watchful eyes of
Dr. Jones and Dr. Polkinghorn. These pens will be presented to them this Friday.

I want to thank the IAP, Rich Kleinhenz, Ken Nelson of Kallenshaan Woods for making the Cancer Awareness Pens available.

And, I particularly want to thank Ed and Dawn from Exotic Blanks, who refunded my card the cost of the kits when I placed the order, saying it was their gift to me in Jessie honor.

Yesterday Jessie got the results of her most recent MRI. There was no sign of the tumor! :)

Attachments

• Cancer-Awareness.jpg
    Cancer-Awareness.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 314

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
Wow what great news and a wonderful gift from God at this special timw of year. The pens look great. You did an awesome job.

Jim Burr

Banned
As a survivor Lenny...I have no words that can explain your happiness! Having a daughter as a survivor...I know exactly how you feel!! Pens are great ways to express that joy...well done sir and Merry Christmas!!

ironman123

You are right Lenny. It is not about the pens, even though they look great. It is about your daughter and that blessing she has received. A joyous holiday season to you and yours and God bless.

Ray

bobleibo

Lenny,
That is hands down the best Christmas present anyone could ever receive. I am smiling from ear to ear just thinking about how happy your entire family must be.
Happy Holidays!
Bob

SDB777

My uncle Skip went into that same unit(he lived in Shapleigh, Maine). He to was given 2 to 3 years....but with the help he received there he made it much longer.

I hope you have the same results. And you and yours will be included in my nightly...

Scott (top notch) B

WOW!!!! That is the best news I have heard all day!!!! God comes through and kicks cancer in the butt!!!!
Thank you for sharing!!

John

OZturner

Lenny, That is just the best news.
Santa Claus has been outdone this year, you have already received the best present ever.
Congratulations to your Daughter, and her Medical Team.
Brian.

Lenny

The good news was short lived. Jess has been in terrible pain since Tuesday night. A ct scan yesterday showed nothing. Went to her appointment in Augusta and delivered the pens. They believe her pain is a reaction to the chemo. Meds didn't help overnight so we are at the local ER. :frown:

thewishman

I've been thinking about your daughter and her condition all week and just found this thread. So happy to learn that the tumor is gone. I hope she can get some relief from her pain.

Mike Powell

OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!!!!
Because of stories like this. I am going to school for nursing when I retire from the AF next year. My plan is to go into the Oncology side of it. My Aunt died from Cancer/Leukemia. Another lady that is like a mother to me is battling cancer now, and a few of my high school freinds also had cancer.

Before I was in the Military, I was a cop, nothing but negative there, then while in the AF, I build bombs. So I figure the next chapter I will help people, So this is my goal in life. I will be round 45 when I finally get to put the RN behind my name.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Great news about her tumor, Lenny. We will keep her in our prayers and hope that her pain is relieved soon.

Lenny

After 12 hours in the ER, they admitted her overnight for observation. She passed every test, ct scan, EKG, blood work all looked good. They are trying to determine if it's gastrointestinal tract related or muscle/skeletal. It was looking more like the latter which would be terrific news. The former would be a side effect from her chemo and require a change in her treatment, a treatment that so far has been working great!

Lenny

Jessie just had an endoscopy which revealed an ulcer. We finally know the cause of all her pain. May take awhile to get her some relief but their is a great mental relief just in knowing the cause. Looks like she will be home for Christmas.
Thank you all for your continued prayers!
Merry Christmas!

Russknan

Lenny, what a long tough ride! But it really IS about how the story turns out. I can only imagine the agony for you. It doesn't get any closer to the bone than your kid! Sounds like she's had a good team on her side, in addition to the support of a loving family. I wish you much peace and relief this Christmas and a much better New Year! Russ

Lenny

Unfortunately, I spite of three trips to ER's and a couple of hospital stays, Jess was sent home and told she would just have to deal with the pain. Fortunately her Oncologist got involved and got her an appointment with a Surgeon here in Augusta. She was immediately admitted into the hospital. The poor girl has lost over 20 lbs. She has pancreatitis caused, they believe, by her gallbladder .... Possibly stones in the ducts. They will do more tests tomorrow to try to better figure out what is going on. At least they are managing her pain. Can't believe two other hospitals sent her home in the condition she is in!

Top Bottom