Cambridge Hybrid Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wizard

wizard

I ran out of the Majestic kits that I got on sale from Rockler for $20. So I got some of the Cambridge Hybrid Kits from Woodcraft and made these from Lapis Truestone and Amboyna Burl. The pens seem to look better with darker blanks so the black plastic near the centerband isn't as prominent. Just wanted to show them. I am going to try one in Ebony today. Hope everyone is having a great Sunday.:)

Attachments

• Lapis Cambridge Hybrid.jpg
    Lapis Cambridge Hybrid.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 299
  • Amboyna Cambridge 2.jpg
    Amboyna Cambridge 2.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 250
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

David Keller

They look great. I still don't understand why they included the black band on this kit... It just doesn't fit with the rest of the kit.

Taking the photos with the caps off helps also.

jbostian

Those are very nice pens. But I do agree the black ring is a little out of place. I have never used this kit, but is there any way to get rid of it?

Jamie

SteveG

Nice job on those pens. Your selection of gold used with the lapis works great. Do you think we (collectively) can convince WC to modify the kit and loose the unwanted black band?

JerrySambrook

Looking at it, if you want the external threads to be plastic and the internal threads metal then you could, but I am pretty sure the black band is also where the threads and recess are located

PenMan1

Beautiful Pens! Several of us are working on various solutions to "the black plastic band" delima on another post (advanced pen making -modifying the Cambridge). All help and input in eliminating the black center will be greatly appreciated!

Top Bottom