Brantley's Early Morning Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wizard

wizard

Was made early this A.M by my son Brantley, age 13. He took it to school with him....:). He is very proud of the pen and I'm very proud of him!! :biggrin: Since I promised to post it on the forum this morning....His class is going to be taking a tour of IAP this afternoon and learn about pen turning...so play nice....:wink:. Doc.

Attachments

• Brantley's Pen.jpg
    Brantley's Pen.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 303
  • Brantley's Pen1.jpg
    Brantley's Pen1.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 279
  • Brantley Turning 2.jpg
    Brantley Turning 2.jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 313
  • Brantley Turning.jpg
    Brantley Turning.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 287
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TwoCatsPens

Looks like he did a good job! I know from experience those circuit board blanks aren't the easiest thing in the world to start with, so he did well. Looks like you need to either get a lower lathe stand or build him a platform to work one, I suspect he'll be doing a lot more in the future. :)

Steve

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
An excellent first pen Brantley. Remind your dad the Birthday bash is coming up and there are contests made for just you young people to enter.

JohnU

Very nice work! Not to mention a proud moment for dad. Like said above, these aren't the easiest things to turn. I've blown a few up myself. Fit and finish look spot on and I see he has a good instructor using all of the proper safety. Looking forward to seeing more of his work in the future. Congrats Brantley!

OZturner

Brantley, It is hard to imagine that that was your first Pen.
It is far, far too good for a First.

A pen like that takes a lot of practice.
Your Fit and Finish is Superb.
The choice of pen to complement the Circuit Board Blank, was Inspired.
Any one of us would be Proud to claim that Pen as ours.
If you are going to continue Pen making and I trust you are.
Then I might just have to consider selling my Lathe or putting it in Moth Balls.
Too much competition.
Congratulations.
Brian.

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
Outstanding pen. I wish my first one was that nice. I think I'll have to go along with Brian, with you here there may be to much competition. Keep up the great work.

its_virgil

Excellent! I only wish my first pen looked that nice. Will #2 be kitless? Look forward to seeing more of your work. Your classmates will be quite impressed.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

wildbill23c

Banned
Awesome job Brantley. Thanks wizard for posting his work for him. Really like that circuit board blank. Crap now I gotta add that to my shopping list.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Wonderful job Brantley!!

Good Luck Dad! Enjoy the time together.. (I do realize you know this is precious - so this is just a reminder). The time together is really, really (did I say really?) special? enjoy Dad! :)

Top Bottom