Bocote sierra

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from its_virgil

Status
Not open for further replies.

its_virgil

I've been moving a short piece of bocote around my shop for several months now. It always seems to be just where I'm looking when searching for something else. Well! No Longer! I drilled that sucker and it now lives on a sierra frame. Enjoy and comments welcome.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

2007315145659_IMG_1949.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Hey Don, that beautiful bit of wood wouldn't have lasted that long in my shop[:D] I'm also glad you said bocote, cos I would have guessed it as olivewood.[:I] Nice work.

its_virgil

John,
I have several more that are regular size. Three of us shared a 14 board that was (almost)1" thick and 4+ inches wide. I had four shorties left over. I cut about 40 blanks from my third and my part of the cost was $20. It was a super nice bird's eye bocote...or that was how it was labeled.

Thanks also to the others who commented on the wood or the pen. I always appreciate the comments. We do have fun here and in our shops, don't we!

Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by johncrane
<br />As usual Don you make darn nice pens! Also Don that is one of the best bocote blank l have seen' too bad it wasn't bigger.[;)][:p][:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom