blue acrylic slim

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jahlg

Status
Not open for further replies.

jahlg

Finally learning to post pics, what do you think??

200671805437_blue.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OSCAR15

I wish you or someone would write a tutorial on laminating a celtic knot
PS I hope you do cause I dont think I have seen a nicer one than this!

jahlg

Thanks everyone!! Hey Oscar I learned to do them on here, basically you need to set up a sled for your table saw, to cut at a 45 deg. then laminate piece in flip 180 and cut next piece, laminate, flip 90 cut, lam. flip 180, cut, lam. then turn. Thats it in a nut shell.
Its really not as hard as it seems, just time consuming, and you need your pieces the same thickness as your saw blade. You can search on here for a tutorial. Thats where i learned
Joe

myname1960

Nice pen. I love the colors and material used.

I think this is a tutorial on making this type of pen. Its called making a double cross pen. It shows the cutting jig used and each step. It does not however give the specifics on the jig. There are 24 pictures for this tutorial. It shows each one on a separate page so you will need to go from page to page. Hope it helps.

http://www.purpleheartpens.com/html/making_a_double_cross_pen_0.html

Oimmuk

Man I am glad you put in this last link...I was having a dickens of a time trying to wrap my noodle around this concept...Now if I could just get the idea for the Center treatment...Did he make special bushings or did he only use one on each end?

emackrell

Gorgeous pen! Is the white on this one also plastic stock like the Corian morning-after, or did you slice some thin white acrylic?

cheers Eileen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom