Black and Tan Baron

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Fangar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fangar

Hello all,

I just finished this special order for a very good customer of mine. It is a Black Acrylic Cap, Brown Mallee Burl, Baron rollerbal with Black Titanium hardware. She sent me a sketch of a pen she saw that she wanted me to put my own spin on. I think this one came out great. The burl is BLO /CA finished to match the high gloss of the black.

moebaron2.jpg

moebaron1.jpg

Cheers,

James

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Very nice pen, the only thing I would have done different is use something like African Blackwood for the cap if you were looking for a black top.. that way it would be wood to wood...

Fangar

Thanks Guys. I appreciate the opinions and kind words.

Griz. I would tend to agree with you there. She was looking for the contrast of the wood and plastic though. She has quite the pen addiction, and knows what she likes I guess. This is the fourth pen she has purchased from me. Two barons, and two cigars.

Anyway, thanks again to all.

James

airrat

looks great and makes me want to go get a black an tan beer. To match that you would need to switch the colors but after a few drinks they will switch themselves.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Go for it James... the customer is ALWAYS RIGHT, especially when the order a custom piece... is sure is nice to have a collector or 2-3 that love your work....

PenWorks

Nice one James, your client is probablly use to having most of her pens with black plastic caps. That is a favorite of pen companies. Yours is outstanding. I even stock that look in my own pens.

M

Mudder

Wow!

Love that two toned burl. One photo makes it look 3 dimensional.
Very good work.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
James,
If you had described this pen, I would not have liked it. The picture shows me that I love it! Like Griz, I might prefer wood to wood, but like you, I really prefer the check for the sale!

woodscavenger

If this is pen #4 she can have anything she wants.[:D] I like the look. I have a couple of scrap heap pens that had massive blowouts on the top or bottom. I think I know what to do with them.[:)]

Fangar

Thank you all. I really appreciate all of the feedback that each of you take the time to leave.

She about did a back flip when she got it today. She was very complimentary. She usually is happy, but she really, really liked this one. I like to see that reaction from someone for something that I enjoy so much.

Cheers,

James

Fleabit

Not sure I like the two tone, but overall the kit and combination does compliment itself (besides, it is what the customer wanted). The finish and the fit is excellent. Overall, you did a great job on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom