Biggest PITA Pen to date.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Brooks803

Brooks803

I will just say this took FOREVER to finish (literally!). I think the rest will become transparent once you see it :cool:

DSC06158 (900x401).jpgDSC06154 (719x900).jpgDSC06150 (900x676).jpgDSC06148 (900x396).jpgDSC06156 (889x900).jpgDSC06157 (900x599).jpgDSC06152 (900x894).jpg

Thanks for looking!

PenPal

Jonathon thanks for sharing I find it hard to separate the origin of the blank but you certainly had a fair amount of it.

Without reservation this is one of your very best pens IMHO and I am one of your very consistant admirers of your casting and making.

This masterpiece has a place in with the best pen I have ever seen up till today made by Skippy totally different both definitive. You make them for a living Skippy makes them for fun.

If there are honours to be had in pen making this pen belongs in the House Of Fame.

Kind regards Peter.

Brooks803

Johnathon, did you use the torch method to get the clear look? Stunning!!!

I seriously considered giving it a try, but after all the work to get it turned flush cap to body and finishing the outside...I couldn't bring myself to put a flame to it and risk having to start all over!

That's sweet! Is the blank one of yours?

Nah it's one of the ribbon acrylics from bear tooth woods. My customer picked it out. I try to only make pens from my own blanks, but I do make exceptions from time to time.

Jonathan,

Branching out into demonstrators, are we? Looks good! :good:

Yeah I asked (more like suckered!) into it. I know I'm complaining about it all, but I'm honestly happy that I did it. I learned SO much figuring out the easiest way to do the job. This definitely don't be the last one I do like this.

Brooks803

I can't believe Shea is going to allow this one to leave the farm.

She's learned to enjoy the $ more than the pen! Besides...when she learned what I was making I was "asked" to buy extra material. Ya know, just in case I had a blowout or something :rolleyes:

How many hours did it take to polish the inside so well?

The cap took a good 3+ hrs. Then I figured out how to mechanize it...and the body only took 45min-1hr.

The section I had to do entirely by hand since it's so small and thin in places. That took FOREVER! Plus I accidentally put a deep scratch in it at the end of the process and had to start all over :mad:

wizard

Absolutely Beautiful Jonathan !!

Ok....Let me think about this...I leave my driveway .. Take left on Mullins...right on Beechnut ...then onto Loop 610 South and get on the U.S. Interstate Highway 10 ... Then it's a 13 hour straight shot to Aiken, S.C.
I WANT THAT PEN !!!!!! IT'S BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Doc :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom