Big bespoke button filler.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Twissy

Twissy

This is a commission order for a chap who specified the material, filling mechanism and the size. This must be the biggest pen I've made so far.

The section is black acrylic, as the customer may want his Pelikan M800 nib put in the pen in which case it will be in the same material as the body.

My first button filler. Lots of measuring involved, but I enjoyed the whole process.

C&C's welcome.

Regards
John

IMG_0380.jpgIMG_0379.jpgIMG_0378.jpgIMG_0377.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

thewishman

That looks nice. Sounds like your customer knew what he wanted.

I'm guessing that the metal pieces in the middle of the last picture are the button filler mechanism parts...

Ed McDonnell

Nice job. How many button pushes does it take to fill / empty the bladder?

I find myself wondering what the attraction of a button filler is from a user's perspective? You still have to take the pen apart to fill / empty. Is it just a status thing, or is it a better fill mechanism compared to a converter?

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm really curious.

Ed

BSea

Interesting how far the cap threads are from the lip on the body. And that is a really long pen. But the customer is always right. What is the thread size you used for the end finial?

I've bought the parts, and have plans for a button filler soon.

Twissy

That looks nice. Sounds like your customer knew what he wanted.

I'm guessing that the metal pieces in the middle of the last picture are the button filler mechanism parts...

You're correct Chris. The button I made from brass, but the pressure bar is bought in.

Nice job. How many button pushes does it take to fill / empty the bladder?

I find myself wondering what the attraction of a button filler is from a user's perspective? You still have to take the pen apart to fill / empty. Is it just a status thing, or is it a better fill mechanism compared to a converter?

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm really curious.

Ed

Hi Ed. This pen does not have a breather tube, so it is just a single push.
I agree that it is no different taking off the blind cap than undoing the barrel. I don't really have an answer. I guess it's wanting something made new using old tech? :)

Interesting how far the cap threads are from the lip on the body. And that is a really long pen. But the customer is always right. What is the thread size you used for the end finial?

I've bought the parts, and have plans for a button filler soon.

Bob, the blind cap threads are M9x0.75. The button is 5.5mm.

Top Bottom