Bark Resifill

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Skewer

Skewer

I was playing try to play with the reflection of the finish a bit on here and it washed out some of the nice colors the blank has. I'm actually pretty surprised how dense this blank was - spent a lot of time sharpening. Also with the differences of material, I was noticing if i was more forceful with the cutting, it would get oddly out of round. I ended up going back over the cap portion after i'd finshed sanding/polishing and building up some more CA to get the fit just right. Hat's off to George - I think the blank is pretty spectacular.

Attachments

• Capture3.JPG
    Capture3.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 230
  • Capture11.JPG
    Capture11.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 186
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

I was playing try to play with the reflection of the finish a bit on here and it washed out some of the nice colors the blank has. I'm actually pretty surprised how dense this blank was - spent a lot of time sharpening. Also with the differences of material, I was noticing if i was more forceful with the cutting, it would get oddly out of round. I ended up going back over the cap portion after i'd finshed sanding/polishing and building up some more CA to get the fit just right. Hat's off to George - I think the blank is pretty spectacular.

Wow, you have certainly made that blank justice, great fit and finish, congrats.

I didn't notice any hardness or difficulty when I made a couple of samples from these blanks, I used the Flap disc so, my job was easy and quick. It is possible that, the bark could have contained some sand, from when the logs get rolled on the ground, despite the fact that, I cleaned the blanks the best I can using the air-gun.

Well done...!:wink:

Cheers
George

Top Bottom