Ash Stretcher Wood Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Bree

Bree

I was over at Rockler one day a couple of weeks ago and noticed some stretcher wood for woodworking machine bases. One of the pieces of hardwood had an unusual color so I naturally investigated. I saw some odd end grain and pulled the square out and lo and behold there was some character to this piece of basically junk wood. So I bought it.

Most of it was just plain old ash. But the last 6 inches got chopped off, quartered, and today it got converted from machine base to cigar pen.

Here tis:

scimg4303.jpg

scimg4304.jpg

I love making something out of nothing!! LOL!
Happy Birthday America!!
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bree

Thanks everyone! It isn't in a league with the many extraordinary pens I have seen done by the master turners here but it sure did give me a nice feeling! It is only my third cigar pen!

I was going VERY slowly assembling the pen since I had to disassemble the first one. I didn't want to do THAT again. I enjoy finding the wood as much as I did making the pen. It is a lot of fun. I am loving this hobby!

I went and turned a little light pull for our ceiling fan out of a piece of my new spalted maple. That got me a special hug from my SO who loved the little turning.

I hope to be trying new things soon if I can just get out from under this avalanche of IT work.
:eek::eek::eek:

Top Bottom