Another proud Marine

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dalecamino

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Our oldest grandson signed up for the Marine Corps a few months ago. He's been training with the recruiters since then. Seems to be pretty fired up about it. So, I decided to make a pen for him, as a graduation gift. I heard this was what he wanted anyways. Kicked around some ideas for design, but looked up some casing kits, and saw Eric at littlerivercrafts.com had several different ones. Got one of these in a hurry (thanks Eric) Neil (wolftat) sent some of his blanks (thanks Neil) and this is what our results are. I decided to fore go the center band, and just rounded the end of the upper barrel a bit.

BTW, parents, and grandparents are proud too! :wink::biggrin: Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• IMG_1178.JPG
    IMG_1178.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 366
  • IMG_1179.JPG
    IMG_1179.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 216
  • IMG_1180.JPG
    IMG_1180.JPG
    32.6 KB · Views: 253
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
SEMPER FI
SEMPER FI

Excellant work Chuck it looks great without the centerband.
Thanks Mike. There was no question really.

Thanks to you and your family for your service. I'm free because of you.
Thank you Bob.

Chuck,

Looks good. Who knows, maybe I will run into him one day as we have had a lot of Marines onboard lately.

Jason
Thanks Jason. They told me he's supposed to go to some school after basic. If he heads your way, I'll let you know.

:usflag:Chuck: You outdid yourself, man! I love it! Congrats to the whole fam damily!
Thanks Joe. It's such a simple thing to make, but MAN it represents something so huge. Amazing eh?

ToddMR

Really nice looking pen. My nephew goes in late August. I like the emblem on the casing too. Very nice.

MrWright

Passed Away Oct 12, 2022
In Memoriam
Chuck you have one smart grandson by joining the Corps over all the other possibilities that the recruiters hawk. So... ooh raw for THE Man in your family. Frank

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
That looks great Chuck. And Eric did a nice job with the logo.

Mike
Thanks Mike. I'm glad I took a look to see what Eric had to offer. I'm glad I did.

Really nice looking pen. My nephew goes in late August. I like the emblem on the casing too. Very nice.
Thanks Todd. Guess we have a couple of bright boys.

Chuck,

I'm glad you're happy with the kit. The pen turned out great. Good job! Cartridge pens are not easy to photograph either - you did well there too.

Regards,
Eric
Thanks again Eric. Can't argue with a kit as nice as these. The powder coating is really smooth.

Chuck you have one smart grandson by joining the Corps over all the other possibilities that the recruiters hawk. So... ooh raw for THE Man in your family. Frank
Thanks Frank. I've told him about you and, Neil, and other corps friends I've made. He's excited. Hope he stays in that spirit. I have no doubt, he'll make a good Marine. ooh-raw

OLDMAN5050

Passed Away May 15, 2019
In Memoriam
Very nice pen, I have to make one for a retired Marine in a couple weeks and wish I could make decals like that.... would look good on a cigar like I am going to make

sumterdad

I like it alot. I was wondering if you could answer a question. His does the decal hold up on the casing. Seeing you can't exactly put it on the lathe and put a few coats of CA on it. I all I can say is HOOAH

Sylvanite

His does the decal hold up on the casing. Seeing you can't exactly put it on the lathe and put a few coats of CA on it.
That's not a decal -- it's a laser-mark. Laser-marking is a process that heat-bonds a ceramic pigment to the metal. The mark is very durable but I also powder-coat over it. Unless somebody takes acetone and sandpaper to the cartridge, the insigina is there for life.

Regards,
Eric

sumterdad

His does the decal hold up on the casing. Seeing you can't exactly put it on the lathe and put a few coats of CA on it.
That's not a decal -- it's a laser-mark. Laser-marking is a process that heat-bonds a ceramic pigment to the metal. The mark is very durable but I also powder-coat over it. Unless somebody takes acetone and sandpaper to the cartridge, the insigina is there for life.

Regards,
Eric
Thanks for that bit of information
I might just have to order some

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Very nice pen, I have to make one for a retired Marine in a couple weeks and wish I could make decals like that.... would look good on a cigar like I am going to make
Thanks David.
Chuck,
That's one great looking pen. What a great graduation gift, that's one he'll cherish forever.
Thanks Cris.

I like it alot. I was wondering if you could answer a question. His does the decal hold up on the casing. Seeing you can't exactly put it on the lathe and put a few coats of CA on it. I all I can say is HOOAH
Thanks Chris. Hopefully, you've seen Erics post below yours. The powder coat is really smooth.

Top Bottom