Another Modified Majestic, Casein and Lucite

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wiset1

wiset1

Okay, so Jonathon (Brooks803) has some pretty amazing turns where he modified the crystal in the clip of the Majestic and I just HAD to give it a try. Let me just say...it's not for the faint or weak hearted. Turning a crystal replacement is fun, but that thing is so small:bulgy-eyes:

So here it is...an Alt Casein with Scarlet Rose Lucite accent rings, caps, and crystal. All material from exotics!

5683154733_69f9166ed0_z.jpg

:usflag:

Enjoy

wizard

It's not nice to mutilate Majestic pens:wink:. Tim, The only word that describes that pen is STUNNING!!!. Beautiful contrast of materials. I would love to see this on the front page! Thanks so much for showing! Regards, Doc

wiset1

Thanks Doc...After turning that crystral I don't think I have it in me to modify another Majestic like this. I'll leave it to the pros like Jonathon, ha ha ha!

wiset1

Just goes to show that we can ALL be inspired by other members here. "Thanks Jonathon"

PenPal

Tim,

Love this pen and your treatment of the design is controlled and a result of a lot of careful work. The lines are subdued, graceful .

Individual pens are your signature its a ripper.

Having recently witnessed the Royal Wedding celebrations by relayed pictures I assure you any pen involved in the signing there would pale alongside yours this new pen in every way.

Stamp of excellence friend.

Kind regards Peter.

Brooks803

Wow...and you're calling me the pro here? HA! This is awesome! That clip peice is perfectly turned! I bet you were holding your breathe the entire time too! White with Red accents is one of my fav color combos. A very striking peice! Great work Tim.

wiset1

How did you turn the red trim rings? The pen looks great.

You just have to take the kit apart and remove the accent bands. Once that is done you simply turn some accents, drill them out and fit them to the kit. It's kind of a pain in the butt, however, it's worth the effort.

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

wood-of-1kind

Tim, this is "understated" elegance that you have created. Dropping the overly ornate trim rings and your other modifications make your latest creation a true work of art. Wonderful pen wrting instruments that you have on your hands.

wiset1

Wow...thanks everyone for the amazing feedback. I had no idea this pen would be welcomed like this. Truth is, I was just doing something that Jonathon did with a bit of a twist. All I can say is "Thank You"!

wiset1

Pretty soon it will be my little shop in VA. I have one pen left in me before we pack everything up for the movers next week. It will be segmented and use HRB. I'll post the sketches with it when it's finished.

Thanks for the Kind words by the way. Just having fun and seeing what can be done.

wiset1

EVERYONE...Thank you! I guess this could work with just about any color to accent the Alt Casein. Just a stroke of luck that I had the lucite. The butterscotch one might look good as well...? Who knows

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
That pen is pretty damned cool !! It looks like it's 'supossed' to look like that!!:biggrin:

I'm not sure that the Butterscotch would give enough contrast. I think any of the dark colours.
Dawn used (?) to have a dark Ruby Red, Emerald Green and a similar dark blue one which I think would work perfectly.

Very nice:wink:

chriselle

Tim, I don't comment as much as I should on the great pens I see in the SOYP's......

But I have to say....DAMN..That is a beautiful pen you've made.:good: As Skippy said....I just looks "right".

wiset1

Again, I truly appreciate all the amazing feedback and I hope this inspires others to take apart the majestic kits and try new ideas. Thank you to all those who continue to inspire my work!

Best wishes

wiset1

I appreciate the feedback, Thank you. Anyone can do this really...just take apart the kits and turn your own accents...it's pretty easy once you get the kit apart.

wiset1

Not as far as I know for the Majestic. I started a thread ( http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=79148 ) asking if anyone knew about taking the Majestic line apart and while I got feedback there was no good answer other than pushing the bands down against the ring to remove it. By doing this you destroy the decorative band so I would advise NOT using the 22kt gold version! I used a flathead screwdriver and a hammer to pound the bands down...NOT a pretty site but it works until someone comes up with a jig for this like they did for the Statesman.

Not the answer you were looking for, but at some point it will be posted in the library.

Top Bottom