Another CF test blank

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jttheclockman

jttheclockman

This is another one of CaptG's carbon fiber test blanks. It is the yellow and black pattern on a Jr. Gent.

These have potential and they do come in various colors. Being again this is one that I did and have the ability to look at it first hand here is my opinion. I like it but it may not be for everyone. Maybe it is the color but I don't get that classy look with it as you do with the black. It would be a playful pen color so I probably would not put it on a classy kit as the Jr gent. The sierra or round top may be more suitable. Anyway here is my version and you can form your own opinions. Again I had to take the photo indoors because of the monsoons happening out my door. Hope there is going to be some rain left for those summer months when it is dry and sticky.:biggrin:

CopyofIMGP0448.jpg

CopyofIMGP0449.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bitshird

John, did you make the pen for your self, or for sale, there is no way to anticipate what will sell or who will become enchanted with a specific color or material.
It looks good; Not exactly my cup of tea, but some one some where will say WOW I have to own that.

stoneman

The blank is kind of neat, but I agree about the kit being wrong for it. The gold accents clash (IMHO) with the yellow in the CF. Maybe a chrome or BT without any gold accents? Nice job on the pen.

Rollerbob

Personally, I like it. It is a fun pen that I think would sell. Not crazy for the kit it is on, but that is my opinion.

Druid

Very nice, I just cast a few Kevlar blanks this morning for a client in the FBI and one the patterns of the Kevlar I'm using looks similar. Real nice work!

Last edited:

OKLAHOMAN

John, not my cup of tea also but I learned a long time ago that some one will love what I hate. There are five or six styles that I sell consistantly that I thought I coulldn't give away. Put that on a black titanium kit and I bet it would sell well. BTW very nice pictures.

John M

I want some blanks for sure. I have some friends that like my pens, but not their cup of tea, not big on wood or the crazy color plastics, but that they would like.

jttheclockman

John, did you make the pen for your self, or for sale, there is no way to anticipate what will sell or who will become enchanted with a specific color or material.
It looks good; Not exactly my cup of tea, but some one some where will say WOW I have to own that.

I will try to sell it. I am doing this to help CaptG get a feel for these blanks as he goes into production. Unfortunately I am limited on the kits I have so I try to choose the best one I have. The only other JR gent is the gold one and I did not think that would look good. So more or less ignore the kit and get a sense of the blanks that I am sure he will begin to put into production soon. I sent him some other colors that I had so maybe he will look into those as well. Thanks all for looking.

PS: I am as I think CaptG is also glad to read the opinions. Keep them coming. ( at least no one has killed me on my picture taking hehe)

Last edited:

sefali

I like it but it may not be for everyone. Maybe it is the color but I don't get that classy look with it as you do with the black. It would be a playful pen color so I probably would not put it on a classy kit as the Jr gent.

That's funny. I looked at the pics first, and then saw that you'd already written exactly what I thought about the blank, almost to the word.

Ligget

WOW! I like the blank and the colours, it may not be as classy looking as the black but it would definetely sell, I think an Artist Sketcher would look excellent dressed in it!

watchman7

I agree with Roy, match that up with Black Titanium and the Ga Tech folks in the Atlanta area would probably go crazy over them.

Top Bottom