• IMG_1448.jpg
    IMG_1448.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 295
  • IMG_1450.jpg
    IMG_1450.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 307
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OKLAHOMAN

Takes guts to make slimlines out of Bakelite,rosewood burl and huanguhuali, just goes to show that the lowly slim can get top $ we hope.

bgibb42

To be fair and accurate, those aren't TRUE slims. More like Comfort style, which have a slightly larger centerband, and look and feel better than slims, IMHO. Just picking nits.

Still love that green swirl bakelite--looks fantastic.

Gary Max

They are Ti. Gold-----Slims with Ti Gold Comfort center bands------I will try and get it right next time.----:)
How many times have you sold a "High End" pen to someone who has a Cross in their shirt pocket-------just some Food for Thought

Ligget

Beautiful pens Gary, I like to use the Comfort band on my Slimline kits too, over here I have a guy who sells Comfort centrbands individually he can get all platings except titanium gold.

Gary Max

Folks if you just happen to stop in at www.exoticblanks.com
you would be surprized what you might find and if you don't see it----ask.
New items arriving daily.

My Bakelite was a estate find from NY-- from Marblelite Corp.
Sorry I do not have any for sale.

snyiper

Thanks Gary, I wasnt looking to buy I was curious what do you look for say at a estate sale for a pen. Im sure those sales dont have Bakelite pen blanks lying around. Do you find them in rods or plates or handels is my question, I should have worded it better. If I go to a Yardsale or auction what would I look for generally sutible to made into pen blanks. Thanks for your help.

Gary Max

Im sure those sales dont have Bakelite pen blanks lying around. Do you find them in rods

You have the answer-----someone bought a box of rods that I got my hands on and I am useing the rods as pen blanks----and I still don't have any for sale. My supply will not even last me the year. Hope that makes better sense.

Top Bottom