.300 Winchester Magnum Bullet Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BigShed

BigShed

Had a request for a .300 Winchester Magnum bullet pen. These cartridges are both longer and fatter than a .30-06 Winchester.

As I had never done one of these, had the cartrdiges in stock for quite a while now, I decided to make 2 different ones. Both use my Aust Army Jungle Camo blanks

First one I used the Cigar centre band, which is slightly bigger in diameter than the .300 Win Mag primer end, but tapers down to it.

IMG_5895.JPG

a%3E

On the second one I used a primer end of the .300 Win Mag

IMG_5896.JPG

a%3E

Both use the Cigar Transmission and a Parker refill

2013_06_27.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fordwakeman

Parker Refill too short

I am trying to make one of these using a cigar kit, but the refill seems too short, or I guess the cartridge it too long. I've see where folks use the spacer from a clicker pen, but I haven't been able to find a source for those. Did you run into this?

thanks

KenV

I am trying to make one of these using a cigar kit, but the refill seems too short, or I guess the cartridge it too long. I've see where folks use the spacer from a clicker pen, but I haven't been able to find a source for those. Did you run into this?

thanks

I have to turn the rim off the transmission coupling and seat it into the case head to proper length for the parker refill. You will get just enough extended out to get the transmission threaded on -

Length varies a little based on the length of the bullet used.

BigShed

Thanks for the nice comments guys, appreciated.

Yes, it is a big pen.

I have to turn the rim off the transmission coupling and seat it into the case head to proper length for the parker refill. You will get just enough extended out to get the transmission threaded on -

Length varies a little based on the length of the bullet used.

That is basically how I did it after a couple of attempts.

I didn't insert the transmission coupling direct in to the head of the casing though. Instead I inserted a length of 10mm tubing right down to the bottom of the casing, then soldered it in, then trimmed it back to the casing.
After turning down the transmission coupler it can then be pressed in to the 10mm tube to position it to get the right distance for the refill.

Last edited:
Top Bottom