2d kit less attempt, tried wood this time

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jjartwood

Jjartwood

Well I decided that I had not self punished enough with the first attempt
at a pen sans kit.
On my second try I thought I'd try wood ( plenty of that around my garage)
because, well the first one sort of ate up all my spare blanks.

as this is a whole new door for me to go out
C&C welcome

Attachments

• IMG_0653.jpg
    IMG_0653.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 341
  • IMG_0654.jpg
    IMG_0654.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 367
  • IMG_0655.jpg
    IMG_0655.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 329
  • IMG_0656.jpg
    IMG_0656.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 401
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jjartwood

The wood is Lignum Vitie ( I think that's how it's spelled ) and the threading was sort
of an experiment, after turning the blank to size I used a razor knife to score the wood
all the way around than soaked it in thin CA and let it soak in a while ( a minute or so )
and than hit it with accelerant. and started to tap, after a few rounds I would repeat the process,I worked the process out on a pine dowel so I figured it would work on this stuff.

Jjartwood

DONE!!!!!!
Have Gary Gmail me at JJartwood@gmail.com Tell me where to mail it and to whom I should address it to.
I put up the first one,who's next
The only thing is to have conformation of receipt posted so there is no sandbagging by me or anyone else that cares to join me
Mark

Jjartwood

Talk about being in the dark,
1. I apologize to all of you that have already committed pens to this cause,I was unaware of the size and scope of this act of kindness.
2 I am quite humbled and embarrassed that I thought I was doing something different when all along I was bringing up the rear.
I am, however glad that I did learn of this and am willing to help

plantman

kitless

Talk about being in the dark,
1. I apologize to all of you that have already committed pens to this cause,I was unaware of the size and scope of this act of kindness.
2 I am quite humbled and embarrassed that I thought I was doing something different when all along I was bringing up the rear.
I am, however glad that I did learn of this and am willing to help

:eek::eek::eek::eek: The only rear you are bring up is mine off the floor after seeing this amazing pen!!!!! Thank you for sharing it with the rest of us. And thank you for giving it to Gary for the service people!! Someone is going to be very surprized. Keep your eyes on the prize and your wheels on the track. Jim S

Last edited:

joefyffe

Passed Away Aug 19, 2018
In Memoriam
Mark: Don't feel embarassed. Like Gary told you, IAP is BIG!!!!! There is so much going on, none of us can stay up with ALL of it. You are appreciated. Thanks for your contribution. What is difficult for me is to not pop off something about the number of members we have and the SMALL percentage of those who appreciate our service people enough to even donate one pen! Really, that kind of sucks!!

Jjartwood

Agree, I normally keep the pens that do not make the table aside and donate them
to the Turning for the Troops put on by our local woodcraft store and the New England
Chapter, A slimline finished with friction polish takes about 10 min. and $3.
Last year a friend and myself made a packet with some paper a Christmas card and
a couple envelopes to send with the slimline,The friend was a local business so the name of the business was across the bottom of the paper (verrrry small print ) And we actually received a thank you card from the serviceman's family.

IT DOES MAKE A DIFFERENCE !!!!!

GaryMGg

Mark,
The pen you contributed to ServicePens is stunning.
It's even more amazing when seen in person than the pictures show.
Thank you for this mighty donation and your participation to honor our Servicemen and women.
Kind regards,
Gary

Top Bottom