1st Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from TomG

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomG

I wanted to thank MartyB and Fangar for answering many of my questions. Many others were also a big help as well. This is the 1st pen I turned to completion.

Tom

2007428163426_Amboyna%20Burl%20Baron.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

barrels

Good Job,much better than my first pen. I saved my first pen and copared to where i am today it is quit funny. Nice finish !!!!

Thanks for showing your first pen

TomG

Originally posted by turned_for_good
<br />If this is truly your first completed pen, I am quite impressed.

I swear on my tools...

TomG

Originally posted by LostintheWoods
<br />Excellent! Your first pen is what I aim for when using (when I can find good pieces of!!) two-tone amboyna burl. That's a VERY NICE first pen.

Funny thing is that this was going to be a pratice blank becuase it had zero amber burl when I recevied it, all tan. Then when I turned it the cap portion was revealed so I put all effort into making it.

Tom

TomG

Originally posted by TAld
<br />Wow!! great job. I love the cap, looks like the wood is dripping.

Thats what I thought!!! Dripping wood!!

Thank you all for your comments. Thanks to the archives, library and members assitance this was truely fun.

And yes the addiction has started, but the wife is used to it now, she just supports my habits as long as I make her what she wants!!![:D]

TomG

Originally posted by GaryMGg
<br />That's the best First Pen I've seen. Nice! [8D]

...Dont know what to say but thanks..I think I got lucky that the Amboyna revealed a nice pattern.

BigRob777

Tom,
Way to go. That's amazing. Heck, that looks better than my <b>LAST </b>pen.[:(] Man, you started with one of the (if not the) best woods you can get. I hope the rest (of the woods) won't be a disappointment to you.
Rob

TomG

Again, thank you all for your comments. I would not have been able to produce this pen without the help and patience of the members of this site. This was going to be a side hobby for me since I enjoy to many aspects of wood working in general. But considering I keep ordering blanks and kits for no appreant reason I guess Im hooked.

I hope to produce more like this and copy some that I have seen on this site.

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom