A "Grand" Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from laserturner

Status
Not open for further replies.

laserturner

Hi,
Just finished a fun pen with a keyboard inlay idea I'd been playing around with for awhile. Finished it just in time to take to the rendezvous in Provo. Hope to see a bunch of you there.

200561392355_Grand-pen1o.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
That pen is sure to put a song in someones heart!
(And money in someones pocket)
How about some info on the materials used?

elody21

Totally amazing!!! I want a lazer ingraver!!! I think if I say it enough times it will happen!

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Now that is way too cool, Ken... how much is the kit for that one going to be.. [;)]

Alice I know what you mean... but for some reason SWHTM just does not see the importance of spending $10K+ for one...

laserturner

Many thanks for all the positive comments. The pen is made from ebony and holly. I have my own engraver so I get to play with stuff like this alot. Hardest part is keeping the holly clean.

J. Fred Muggs

FANTASTIC!!!, Ken. I'd toyed with several concepts of the keyboard design for a pen for my daughter. Never got one off the drawing board, though.

I'm with Griz - how much for this kit?? I am definitely interested!

laserturner

Here's a pic of what a kit for this pen would look like. Probably much easier than expected, right. I think the keyboard would work well on the lower barrel as well. This pic is done on the body of a gent's pen. All the cuts taper in toward the center of the barrel so the inlay piece can't fall through. Just drop it in and hit it with some CA. In kit form they'd probably sell for no more than $25.

2005613204028_1-piece-inlay1o.jpg
<br />

Deere41h

Hey Ken....If Beethoven were alive he would want one of those. There is a huge market for those. Every piano teacher and player is going to want one. Your not going to be able to keep up with the demand.

Really nice work and a wonderful idea. Thanks for sharing it with us. Have fun at Provo!

Randy_

Ken: Wonderful idea and great execution!! I love it!!!

I wonder what the legal implications might be of selling a kit or a finished pen with the Steinway name and logo on it???

P.S. Ken's Stars and Stripes kit for the Statesman and Gent lines is a beautiful kit!!

Ken: Are you going to put out a S&S kit for the new Statesman & Gent Jr. pen kit??

laserturner

Hi Randy
I used the Steinway logo for the prototype pen only. If I put a kit together (which I probably will) the other barrel will be included but not turned. The keyboard inlay will be the focus of the pen and if somebody wants a name etc. engraved on the other barrel that can definitely be done.
The Baron stars and stripes kit is doing really well but I'm going to check out the new Jr.2 this week and probably add that to the mix as well. Thanks for your interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom