Aurora Borealis out tonight in Central USA

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leehljp

Member Liaison
Aurora Borealis out tonight (Fri. May 10th)

My daughter in N Central Arkansas texted the family (about 18 of us) with some pictures of the Aurora Borealis (red) a few minutes ago, just before 10 PM. Then, my daughter in N. Dallas texted a couple of picts from there. It had to be done with the flash off, or course, but it was easier to pick up with the phone camera. Of course the (my) naked eye at home in N W MS could tell it was there. Up in N Central Arkansas it was vivid. Then My daughter in Springfield MO sent some great pictures, but I could not post the best ones as they were from her friend and I didn't have permission for that.

From Dallas to Tunica, MS (30 miles south of Memphis) to Springfield MO.

Tunica, looking over my shop through the trees, the red was obvious but not as clear as my daughters in AR and MO.

IMG_2936.jpeg

From my daughter's in-laws house in North Central Arkansas:

IMG_3932.jpeg

IMG_3936.jpeg

From my daughters house in Ozark (Springfield) MO.

IMG_2857.jpeg

I remember seeing the Aurora Borealis from N Mississippi as a teenager back in '66 or 67 and it was vivid. Most people are not aware that it "can" appear under the right conditions almost anywhere on the globe.

ANYONE ELSE NOTICE IT?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bsshog40

We are in N. E.,Tx, Omaha, and I looked out around 9:30 pm and couldn't see anything. Pretty hazy skies though.

Curly

We were sitting around the fire pit and watched it above. One of the more active and brightest in a while. Little Dipper was directly above and the Aurora Borealis looked like is was radiating from it at times. No pictures because my older iPhone doesn't capture them very well. Hard on the neck looking straight up though.

Smokey S

No northern lights down here in South Texas last nite. Although my wife just showed me some pic of the from Amarillo, Texas last night, just awesome. We were on an Alaskan cruise last September and never saw any then. Just saying…….Smokey😎

Top Bottom