Sunday project - polymer clay pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from hooked

hooked

I was looking for something to do on a rainy Sunday morning that I could finish quickly. I remembered that I received a cool polymer clay blank that @Seer and his wife made, and I received during the IAP spring pen in the hand swap. Since I found a kit that it would fit, I figured I would make a pen with it. The backstory behind the blank is that Seer lives in Arizona, a couple days after we swapped pens I was taking my family to Arizona for vacation. Jerry sent me this amazing blank stating that it was built to represent the colors of the desert in Arizona.

This was my first time working with polymer clay. I started out with carbide, but quickly realized I could easily wet sand it to shape. I took some 400 grit to it and it only took a few minutes to turn it down to size and shape. No further sanding needed. Finished with Gluboost, polished and buffed.

Thank you, Jerry! The blank is beautiful, and it is so easy to turn a pen with polymer clay.

1716145828422.png

1716145874882.png

Hippie3180

I was looking for something to do on a rainy Sunday morning that I could finish quickly. I remembered that I received a cool polymer clay blank that @Seer and his wife made, and I received during the IAP spring pen in the hand swap. Since I found a kit that it would fit, I figured I would make a pen with it. The backstory behind the blank is that Seer lives in Arizona, a couple days after we swapped pens I was taking my family to Arizona for vacation. Jerry sent me this amazing blank stating that it was built to represent the colors of the desert in Arizona.

This was my first time working with polymer clay. I started out with carbide, but quickly realized I could easily wet sand it to shape. I took some 400 grit to it and it only took a few minutes to turn it down to size and shape. No further sanding needed. Finished with Gluboost, polished and buffed.

Thank you, Jerry! The blank is beautiful, and it is so easy to turn a pen with polymer clay.

View attachment 373406

View attachment 373407
Gorgeous pen, and such a crisp image as well.

Seer

View attachment 373406

View attachment 373407
You did a great job on it and it looks fantastic.

Top Bottom