My Latest Diamond Knurl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from sorcerertd

sorcerertd

The kit is the Diamond Knurl Rollerball from EB, in black chrome. The blank came from an Etsy store named Axe and Iron. It's my first purchase from that Etsy shop and I am quite happy. This one is called "twisted metal". I did make a custom band, but could not get it to look right due to the thickness (or lack of). The paint thing didn't work with that having black behind it. That doesn't really bother me as it looks good with the knurled band anyway. At least the finial worked out well. It was finished with 2 coats of medium and 2 coats of thin CA. Alumilite doesn't seem to hold a shine long term without some help, but it sure turns nicely.

20240426_194815.jpg

20240426_195240.jpg

20240426_194633.jpg

20240426_200104.jpg 20240426_200124.jpg 20240426_200134.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JohnU

Looks great! I think the black center band works very well with the blank. Also, i think it adds the right amount of black at the center to balance the black in the finial.

KMCloonan

Wicked cool blank! I agree with John - the blank paired with the black plating was a great choice. And the black center band is perfect. I actually find that more times than not, I like the knurled center bands better than one made from the matching resin,

egnald

Wow - very nice! - That is one of the plating options I just haven't done much with. I guess I'm going to have to buy some. Very pretty blank too - I will have to check them out. - Dave

sorcerertd

And the black center band is perfect. I actually find that more times than not, I like the knurled center bands better than one made from the matching resin
I think the black center band works very well with the blank. Also, i think it adds the right amount of black at the center to balance the black in the finial.

I was on the fence about even doing a center band for that exact reason, but wanted to see how it would look. I also thought about something contrasting, or even using a gunmetal band from one of the kits where I did make a custom band. I have a few of them around.

That kit has rapidly become one of my favorites.
Yes, very much so with me. Almost right away when I tried them. There's a bit more versatility than with most Jr. kits. I did have the idea about inlay, too. Ed wrapped that idea up with the band-it kit, solving the problem of keeping the other ring in place.

I wish I could capture the chatoyance of this in stills. I didn't want to post a video that you have to download to watch. I'll work on that eventually, but I'd rather just make the pens than mess around with the computer.

Top Bottom