Worthless Goblet

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Bellsy

Bellsy

Well after all of the worthless wood or fusion burl pen blanks and bowl blanks I have cast, I took it to a new level this holiday season and made a goblet. The wood was punky and spalted maple. The blank was stabilized in Cactus Juice and then cast in Alumilite with red dye and gold pigment. The goblet is @ 7 1/4" tall and will end up getting more Minwax Poly and then buffed out on the Beall.

Happy New Year to everyone on IAP.

Dave

Attachments

• B2m.jpg
    B2m.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 399
  • B2x.jpg
    B2x.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 412
  • B2ab.jpg
    B2ab.jpg
    239.1 KB · Views: 363
  • B2ai.jpg
    B2ai.jpg
    226 KB · Views: 388
  • B2ao.jpg
    B2ao.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 598
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bellsy

Thanks Cindy, but it's just a show piece....an art form. It's way to fragile to use anyway.

I'll get some better pics up in a few days that really show the red and gold effect.

Dave

toyotaman

Very Beautiful piece. By looking at the starting picture of just the wood you would never think it would turn out this well. I would love to learn this process. Great job.

wood-of-1kind

I was fortunate to see and hold the "goblet" in person and I must say that it is a true work of art. Dave has a rather "interesting" story has to how the goblet almost didn't survive a rather vicious throw from his buffing effort.

Dave, thanks again for bringing it to the TWG.

Bellsy

Thanks for the comments folks, it turns out that I forgot to mention that this piece was entered into the TVWG Presidents Challenge for a goblet turning competition. Here are the results.

Dave

Attachments

• PR2a.jpg
    PR2a.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 114
Top Bottom