Walnut bowl with lapis

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from elody21

Status
Not open for further replies.

elody21

This is a walnut bowl I made for the family that gave me the walnut. A knot came out in the process so I filled it with crushed lapis. I love the contrast. It is going to be in the mail to them today. I hope they like it! Alice

200612614396_walnutbowl.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

elody21

Thanks guys. I have been trying to work on bowls lately that is why I have not had too many pens on. I think this is probably 7-8 inches and about 4-5 inches high with a very small foot. I am not sure why I did not take pictures from the side.? It is in the mail now, double boxed. I hope it gets there in one piece!
A knot flew out when I was sanding so I needed a fill. I used a dremmel with a round tipped sanding bit first. The last time I put lapis in a bowl it was really hard to get it sanded down. This time was much eaiser!

kent4Him

What kind of finish did you use? Looks like salad bowl finish from General Finishes. That is what I use for anything that might have food in it.

elody21

I used a poly wipe on finish by Minwax. I did several coats sanding before each coat. I used a viva paper towel to apply it. I started useing this for wooden pens also and it it great and drys very fast and is very durable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom