VistaPrint

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
VistaPrint Initiates IPO (10/03/2005)
Shares of VistaPrint gained 25% Friday, after the online graphics and
printing firm launched its initial public stock offering on the Nasdaq. The company is based in Bermuda and runs its operation from a Lexington, MA facility where it employs 150 people. Another 190 employees work in Montego Bay, Jamaica, while 60 are employed in other offices.

The company's shares closed at $15.25 as of 4 p.m. Friday, up from its
$12-a-share IPO price, after hitting a high of $15.71. The company offered 5.5 million shares for sale; another 4.5 million shares were being sold by company investors and management.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Ron,

How does giving away free business cards generate a profit that merits $85 million market cap??? Plus the "in-house" stock that is probably freebee, but would still account for nearly double that market cap?

I think I'll hold on to my existing stocks (I realize you were NOT promoting buying this, but thought I'd throw it in for giggles!!!)[:D][:D]

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Let's see. Their IPO was underwritten by two goliaths in the investment banking business, Bear Stearns and Goldman Sachs. The are cash flow positive. They are profitable. Their average sale is $30 with a cost of sales at less than 45%. While the offering is pricey, I'm not at all certain that it's a bad bet. [8D]

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Lou,

I don't doubt that Bear Stears and Goldman will do well. And, time will tell-I'll stick with Intel.[:)][:)][:)]

Didn't Bear Stearns underwrite Global Crossing-I have a whole bunch I'd be willing to part with!!!! Dawn has some Enron!!! We're negotiable!!!!!

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
[:p][:p] Yup that's because I finally decided to give them a try and ordered my cards and some mailing labels on Friday morning...
The enormous 250 card order must have driven their profits through the roof accounting for the increase in stock prices... [:p][:p]

Interestingly, I ordered Friday and was notified today that the cards are on the way... now I only hope they are as good as advertised... I opted for the 2006 calendar on the back of this order. I figure people are more inclined to put the card in their wallet with the calendar on it for reference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom