Victory Junction Gang sign

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from rherrell

rherrell

Here's a sign I made for the Jimmy Johnson bowling alley at Victory Junction Gang Camp. The camp was started by Kyle Petty for sick children who need special care and can't go to regular camp. The colors on the sign match Jimmy Johnson's Lowes Chevrolet. For all of you who don't follow NASCAR the last picture is THE KING, Richard Petty.

200711819267_MVC-004S.jpg

200711819290_MVC-006S.jpg

2007118192922_MVC-008S.jpg

2007118192940_MVC-011S.jpg

2007118194638_rpedit.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alamocdc

That ain't a very big bowling alley, but I don't suppose it has to be. Looks like you did a great job on the sign. I love NASCAR and really like what the Petty family is doing with VJGC... my favorite charity! ;) I encourage any with the ability to donate. BTW, I met the King in '96 in Houston. Somehow we wound up walking beside him and I recognized him (even though he was dressed in a suit and no hat). My brother didn't believe it was him and wispered, "That ain't Petty... he's not ugly enough." One of his entourage overheard the comment, laughed and at my confirmed to my brother that it was indeed Petty. My brother quickly changed his tune as he introduced himself to Petty. :D We laugh about it now every time we get together.

TBone

Great job on the sign. Sure am glad you didn't hang the final version upside down like the first one ;)

Victory Junction is a great charity as is any that help kids with special needs.
Would look better in #31 Cingular Orange though. :D

guts

Hey Rick That's a good looking sign for a great cause,is it back lit with neon? if so you should get a night shot of it to show just how good it really looks.

rherrell

It's backlit with LED's Bill. The technology of the future is slowly replacing neon in the sign business. We did put neon under all the eves of the cottages where the kids sleep. 16 in all and that really is a sight to see at night. The kids just love it.I work in a small sign shop and I'm really proud that we're stepping up and doing all this for the camp. It gives me that warm and fuzzy feeling inside!

tipusnr

Great job on the sign! The only driver I've ever had a chance to sit down and talk with is Dick Trickle ("the hardest working man in racing") when he raced against my ex-brother-in-law at a short track in Wisconsin. I hope that the popularity of NASCAR doesn't change the drivers too much as most of them still see themselves as regular guys with really cool jobs. Most of them contribute to one or more charities and guys like Richard started it all!

Top Bottom