Very strange Baron

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ron Mc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron Mc

I'm toying around with an idea and below are pics of my first attempt.

oddbaron.jpg

oddbaron2.jpg

oddbaron3.jpg

oddbaron5.jpg

I'll post better pics when I have a chance to take them.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alamocdc

You got the strange part right, Ron. It's definitely interesting. I'm still trying to decide whether or not I like it. There is no questioning the workmanship. [:D]

Hi Ron,

I am not sure where you are going with it, but I like it when people try new things, so I am behind you on making something new...you have a vision of something here, I'm still working on what I see....but way to go on stepping out there![:D]

chigdon

I think it is interesting and I appaude you even though I don't personally care for it. My problem is not the strange and unusual cap, it is the normal body of the pen. With something that different it needs to be with a body that is equal in style and scale. Keep playing with it and I think it might prove to be something really nice.

Ron Mc

For everyone that is thinking to themselves, "That is one ugly pen!" In a way I agree with you. It is sitting (or standing) on my desk now. It's staring at me kind of like a lost dog looks at you with their eyes that are begging to be loved. LOL

Tinker Toys...I like it, why not make a family of the pen style so that they can all sit in a square or row and wait to be used.

Spaceship....It does kind of look like one of the older models.

The bottom.....On my final pen the bottom will look nothing like this at all. Actually the top (or bottom depending on how it is put together) won't look like this either.
I am working out the details for having the cap actually finish beyond the point that it is intended to, for a final design.

As I stated above it is sitting on my desk wanting to be loved but quite honestly I can't help but laugh when I see it because it is so darn strange yet very functional.

Thanks for the remarks.

Deere41h

Ron....That's interesting but I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish. Is it a new type of clipless cover or is it some sort of a pen stand? In one picture the end with the holes cover the nib end and in another it is reversed. Is that cover open all the way through? Makes for a great conversation piece.

Ron Mc

Shane and John,
Yes the cap is open at both ends. Thus it can be used as a stand, or cap, at either end. Right now it is sitting on my desk with the cap or base in the same position as photo 1 but the pen is in the photo 2 position so that I can reach for it and it is ready.
Hold on a second.......you little bast%$#.....WOW! It works as a fly swat as well. LOL

alamocdc

Ron, I have a stupid question. While the design is quite innovative, if it is open at both ends what is to prevent the RB from drying out? It was my understanding that they were typically capped to prevent that very thing from happening. Not criticizing, just curious. [:D] If I am mistaken, that is something I need to know. [:I]

Ron Mc

Billy,
The final design will have a closed end to it. I decided to open both ends of this pen to play around with it and find out what it could do. I'm playing with cap designs and sizes of parts to overlap each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom