very new newbie signing on here!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

doohboy24

hello everyone!! i am as new as new can be to turning. i play around with a scroll saw for about 3 yrs now and was getting bored with the same ole same ole. looked for something new and here is where i landed. gonna try to turn some pens. i live in manassas va and would love to be able to meet someone in the area to watch them do this and see it done. i have tried on a few blanks and having a little rough start here. i keep screwing up the brass tube insertion. but i know that will get easier. if anyone in the area has a little free time and wouldnt mind giving a few pointers i would be much appreciate it. just email me or let me know thru here. tks again and look forward to learning how to do this from a bunch af great people have seen here so far.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

GoodTurns

welcome aboard! Quite a few NOVA folks in here (DC,MD too). Watch for Bubbasville or Capital Area posts to check out meetings.

Fred

Chuck, Welcome to the IAP Forum! You definitely will be able to glean a life time of knowledge from all the amazing folks here. Just get to reading everything here and take note of the methods that everyone explains in great detail. If you don't learn just about everything you might ever need to know from these great folks ... well, read it again.

Be sure to read the ARCHIVES as well. Ask questions as I am sure you will have them. [:D]

palmermethod

Hi Chuck,
I'm also new to this site and hobby. I have printed a couple of binders full of tips & pix. You must check them out especially articles from the past few years. Great hobby and great members here.

hughbie

welcome chuck......i too did the same thing, grabbing all kinds of downloads and even started a book to keep it all in and handy when i play on the lathe.
remember, if you ain't having fun, you ain't doing it right AND it ain't worth doing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom